navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Silent Night
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Silent Night Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding

0 posted 2005-12-23 04:16 AM

Christmas. It's supposed to be such a happy time. I live in a town wracked with grief.

A first year university student was on her way home for Christmas break last Friday... she made it 3/4 of the way home and was killed in a head on collision. I don't know the details about the accident itself other than one vehicle involved crossed the center line... The mother waited at home for her daughter, when she was two hours late, the mother and father went out to look for her... and found the accident... how one would deal with that I don't know.

An 18 year old guy was crossing the highway on a snowmobile, apparantly unaware that there was a pickup truck *right there*, he was killed as well... the truck driver was the victim's friends father to make things worse.

I don't know the families of either of these two young people, and yet the situation has touched me to my very core. How many more have to die before we start to be safer on the roads? Never mind the winter driving conditions right now. Both of these young victims were younger than myself.

How many more will die thinking "It won't happen to me"?

Author's note: In light of recent events... I felt compelled to write *something*, even if it's not the best I've ever done ... Larry... *hugs*

© Copyright 2005 Rhonda Adolph - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2005-12-23 10:17 AM

Rhonda,
How tragic for these families. My heart and prayers go out to them. Dear girl you have an incredible heart. My son was an hour late once and I went out and found his car in a head on crash and he had already been taken to the hospital. So I know some of that emotion too well. And of course I the loss of a child.

But the focus I see here is in your caring and giving spirit. And that is what helped me survive all of the above. I miss you and am so happy to see you here. Merry Christmas.  

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Silent Night

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary