navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A few thoughts
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic A few thoughts Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Copperbell
since 2003-11-08
Posts 956

0 posted 2005-01-14 12:42 PM

Somehow the earth always goes on - despite grief and despair, despite the darkness the sun still rises.  How many long for it to mourn with them and to hide their eyes from what lies before them.  From the bright blue expanse that forever has been their friend and in one short instant stole away everything they have known.  Did the salted mass wince, did it shed its own because of its deed - as it swallowed our friends - the earth's family?

All I can do is hold my children tightly and tell them the stories.  We pray for those precious babies so far away where the light is hot and the sky is blue.  Those broken parents whose empty nests and stolen eggs are all that they long for and the gifts that we give can never buy what they've lost.

Somehow the idea that we're here for a good time doesn't feel so desirable.

© Copyright 2005 Copperbell - All Rights Reserved
miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
1 posted 2005-01-16 09:48 AM

Copperbell,

What a beautiful poetic and tender rendering.  Yes, knowing that others are suffering puts a damper upon our own thoughts.  Their families are irreplaceable...   I'm sorry to say that the situation is too distant that I can't fathom the hurt and devastation.  I'm sure I could if it happened to me, though!

Thank you very much for posting this.

miscellanea

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2005-11-26 08:41 PM

Copperbell,
It would seem that it redefined hell. I can imagine only in a very small way the loss. But not in a massive, devastating way. And your expression is a meaningful gift. Thanks for your caring heart.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A few thoughts

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary