navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The adventure of a little dime#3
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The adventure of a little dime#3 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands

0 posted 2004-12-18 09:01 PM

3. The little dime in the stomach.

And so the little dime sat in the pocket of daddy's coat. There was a handkerchief too and it smelled so nice, mmmm. They were just falling asleep when they awaken with a shock. What was that???
A big hand groped about the pocket and pulled out the handkerchief and Oh dear, such a loud noise was heard. The daddy blew his nose and again, it sounded like thunder and suddenly daddy sneezed and they all got shaken up and then he coffed and tucked the handkerchief back in his pocket. But it was all wet. The little dime crawled against the chewing gum who said: "He must have caught a cold and that's the time we have to get in action, because when people catch a cold they often ask for chewing gum". And she was right, the hand came back into the pocket and poked around, but didn't feel anything, only the handkerchief and the crums.
Hé, where is that chewing gum?
The little dime and the chewing gum were hiding behind the handkerchief and the daddy tried his other pocket, but again he found no chewing gum.

Lucky for him he was close to the meeting center and he parked his car and walked into the building, while he searched his pockets for that chewing gum. Ah, there it was and he put it quickly into his mouth. The little dime and the chewing gum wondered what happened. They found themselves between white rocks on a slide. Ugh, that was wet and when the daddy opened his mouth for a minute, they saw a big black hole behind them and they hoped they wouldn't glide in there.
Suddenly the daddy chewed on something hard and he took the chewing gum out of his mouth and then he saw the little dime. How did that came there, he thought and tried to separate the dime from the chewing gum, but it was all very sticky. A lady came walking towards him and Daddy hurried to put the chewing gum back into his pocket and there they were, trembling and stuck together.

The chewing gum was a bit confused and was happy to be safe again, but that was not for long, because when the meeting started, Daddy had all forgotten about the dime and grabbed into his pocket and put the chewing gum into his mouth. But when he chewed, he chewed on something hard and all of a sudden he remembered the little dime, but in stead of taking it out, he accidentally swallowed them.
And there they flew through his throat and Daddy started to cough and cough and got all red in the face and everybody in the meeting was looking at him.
The dime and the chewing gum were falling and falling and they wondered what would happen next.

They were in the gullet and the gullet is a narrow tunnel and it moves a little up and down, pushing the dime to the entrance of the stomach. Bah, it didn't smell nice there. The stomach has to grind every food and has to decide wich part of the food goes to wich organs. "I need a bit of bile here", yelled the stomach and started grinding again. The little dime and the chewing gum were sitting in the corner and got an headache from all that grinding, but suddenly they were on the move again, but very slowly, because everybody wanted something from the food. The kidneys needed a lot of water and what they didn't use went on to the blatter. When the blatter gets quite full, it telephones to the brain what to do next and the brain tells the blatter to get rid of the water. That's when you have to go to the toilet to do a wee-wee.
The same thing happens in the guts and then you have to do a doody and everything that doesn't belong in your body comes out eventually.
Every organ thought that the dime was a funny thing, but nobody wanted to taste him and she said to the chewing gum, stick close to me now. But the chewing gum said, 'No, no little dime, my place is here, they all can use me so I have to stick around, but you have to hurry to get out of here'. And so the dime went on her way through all the bowels and she wasn't happy at all, because the smell was not nice.

The Daddy came home that evening and told his wife what had happened and the Mother laughed and laughed and said, 'Oh well, you just have to wait then, till it comes out'. And the children were shouting 'Daddy swallowed a dime, Daddy swallowed a dime, stupid, stupid Daddy'.
But the next morning the dime found her way out. When Daddy had to go to the toilet to do a doody, he suddenly saw the little dime laying there. He took a piece of paper and got it out of the poop and dropped it into the sink. 'Au, au, you're hurting me',  the little dime screamed, but no one heard her and Daddy turned on the water to wash her clean and afterwards he gave the little dime to the Mother, who pushed it in her dressing gown pocket while rushing down to make breakfast.
The little dime was happy again, because it was soft and warm in the pocket and she went to sleep and dreamed about stomachs and bowels. She had learned a lot about the inside of a human body, because now she knew what happened to all the food. All the organs take from the food what they need, and everything they don't need, just comes out again. And if you listen closely, you'll hear the little dime snoring.
Wonder what will happen next.

To be continued.

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

© Copyright 2004 Titia Geertman - All Rights Reserved
merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
1 posted 2004-12-19 08:54 PM

Well I must say I don't usually read a story about a dime in such strange places. I can't imagine where else it will go.
miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
2 posted 2004-12-29 03:35 AM

Titia,
   It's 3:33 a.m. in my house and all "were" sleeping until I let out a huge chuckle, waking my husband. He came running in here, all excited about hearing a "hoot owl"!  Oh, you are so funny!  I can hardly imagine where little dime might go next.  Thank you for brightening my day with this.
          cathy  

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

3 posted 2004-12-29 01:19 PM

An unusual subject matter around here.  It does remind me of the story of the tin soldier, who goes on a journey through the city after being lost on a paper boat.  

Anyhow, I presume this story was written for children, but at the same time it is interesting to see how you've managed to personify everything in the narrative so that it temporarily becomes a character -- the stomache as a sort of factory worker, etc.  That was cool.  I used to be totally into learning about the human body and what's inside of it.  Glad you brought me back to that childhood fascination for a while there.  

Any idiot can see that the result is true.
-- argumentum ad idiotum
Me!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The adventure of a little dime#3

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary