navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A mourning morning.
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic A mourning morning. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking

0 posted 2004-10-17 07:00 PM

A mourning morning. 30/09/04

They are drawn tight, presenting to us a black façade that I know was once filled with colour, perhaps this morning or another day. The fog lies heavy over us, filling every nook and cranny with oppressive air. Tree’s sway lazily in the gentle breeze, the swirling vortexes visible to the eye. Someone whistles as they walk, badly perhaps for not like the birds but cheerfully. The whine of the electric milk truck as it floats along the street, occasionally stopping to replenish the doorstep larder of some nearby house. Gloom replacing darkness; day replacing night. Birds singing from the higher branches of those beautiful trees that are bathed in green and golden leaves. They are hazel like her eyes and golden like her hair, for she is autumn. Dawn, rising, concealed behind a blanket of white cloud, penetrated by shafts of glorious rays of light. Heat, slowly collecting in the grey asphalt, the cold concrete and the glistening bark. Splendour of the morning, beauty unfolding out like a beautiful butterfly from its drab residence. Still closed, still shut, drawn tight, drawn together and locked.

Andrew

Hmm...

© Copyright 2004 Andrew Sewell - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2004-10-17 11:07 PM

I think I can picture it. Good write.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
2 posted 2004-10-27 06:13 PM

I love the line about her being autumn, it brings home to me the knowledge that she is dying or dead and winter abides in your heart because of it. Wonderful story, uplifting and inspiring despite the topic.

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
3 posted 2004-10-27 11:22 PM

Nice imagery here, enjoyed this look at the season, the transition in time.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A mourning morning.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary