navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Isn't it funny?
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Isn't it funny? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
wllz.on.ice
since 2004-09-07
Posts 35
the united kingdom.

0 posted 2004-09-08 06:35 PM

Life is a busy thing, i've grown up around a busy family and a busy neighbourhood. I see that people are busy all the time, and that the people that mean most to me have things to do and think about. I see that i have things to concentrate on and focus on, thing's that cloud our mind because it's what we know to lead us to better places in the long-run. College is important to me and i would love to have the patience and will power to do tasks that i see others doing without thought.

But isn't it funny when we sit still, turn our computers off, our televisions off, and our working brain off; that all we think about are the things that mean most to us.

I tend to believe that others do not think as much as i do about thing's that people consider 'unimportant' in their busy-body lives.
Sometimes i just wish that others would think of their close ones more often. If you think about it, life is full of obstacles and problems that occupie our mind. I see people completely clouded by their dreams of being on top, and becoming successful. Today's working culture is a fast-paced engrosing mass of success, and all i can see is passion and creativity being taken away from what i consider 'life'. I ask some people about what they think about when they have nothing to do and the replies i get confuse me. Responses like; "school, work, food." Is this true? Have people really forgotten about life?

I guess what i'm trying to say is, please don't be destroyed by the illusion i consider a threat to the human heart. Black suit culture has stolen the warmth in my eyes. I'm trying as hard as i can not to preach. Don't get me wrong, never forget ambition; but equally as important, remember your friends, and the people you care for most. When you turn off the computer, and when you lay down to sleep. Let your last few thoughts be something to remind you that life isn't just pressure. Just smile about the beauty behind love and those who care for you as you care for them.

wllz

i guess this is my first prose on the website.
im having a few thoughtful days regarding my life and others.  
i look forward to sharing my thoughts and developing my skills as a writer. love for all

Sometimes I wonder...

© Copyright 2004 william - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2004-09-08 08:19 PM

wllz.on.ice,
Hmmm, where to start? First, welcome to Passions! The joy of no national boundaries, how lovely to see you here. I hope you find this to be a permanent home as I really like your writing.

Second, I'm trying to figure out how you got so much depth and wisdom crammed into seventeen years? Maybe it was that time with the computer and tv turned off when you invested energy in comtemplation.

Third, this particular forum is, relatively speaking, quite quiet. So don't take offense if there are few responses or if they are slow in accumulating.

Fourth, I like your style and am guessing we'll see some poetry too. Explore the place and I'll eargerly await another post.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
2 posted 2004-09-08 08:40 PM

I'll welcome the echo... errr, or the other way around.

Well-written thoughts. Introspectiveness is a handy trait for a writer.

Peace.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
3 posted 2004-09-08 08:47 PM

Welcome. I enjoyed your prose, and tend to agree, this world is too caught up with busy-ness. Taking the time to feel the wind, to  let a moment of silence pass by without feeling it has to be accounted for, and yet? I want each moment I have to be used wisely. LOL, guess those dirty dishes can wait?
Seriously, reflective quiet moments are to be valued, especially when our focus takes us away from SELF...out to the heart and nerve cells of others.
Welcome to Passions.

wllz.on.ice
since 2004-09-07
Posts 35
the united kingdom.
4 posted 2004-09-09 03:47 AM

thanks for your replies!

Larry, i love writing.. im just pleased i found a place so positive about it at all. I suppose you guys are used to the whole being able to share it around.

If i showed people at my college my writing they'd just shun it off and tell me to smoke more. So even if this is a small forum, i'm gonna love it.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2004-09-09 06:48 AM

quote:
I suppose you guys are used to the whole being able to share it around.

We've been around a little over five years in this format, Will, but I will never "get used to" the fact that this is very much a home.  I appreciate our little spot in the world wide web so much, as a matter of fact, that I think they've all finally decided I'm here to stay.   The talent you will find around you is amazing, as are the people behind the talent!  

Welcome to Passions.  Please, check your e-mail for a Special Greeting!

wllz.on.ice
since 2004-09-07
Posts 35
the united kingdom.
6 posted 2004-09-09 07:32 AM

thank you so much
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Isn't it funny?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary