navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Constants
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Constants Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Wesley the Blue
since 1999-09-02
Posts 426
Forest Lake, MN, USA

0 posted 2004-05-19 06:29 AM

The only constant in the world is destruction.  Everything that is can be undone, and everything that will be also has an end.  We can create life, nurture it, make it grow, but in one way or another it will die.  Anything we can build will some day crumble and fall apart.  Even energy can be undone by an oposing energy.  This not only applies to what we as humans can create, but everything in nature.  The tallest mountains will someday be worn down into nothing.  Stars will burn up their fuel and die.  Destruction is the only thing that has permanency.  Once something is destroyed it cannot be remade.  If everything that begins ends, one has to wonder why?  Why do we bother creating and building?  Why do we do anything at all, if everything will come to nothing eventualy?  I dont know the answer to this.  It seems the logical thing to do would be to not do anything.  But its not that simple.  We are driven by something.  Driven to do, and to create.  Why?

"No one knows what its like,
To feel these feelings,
Like I do,
And I blame you."
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who

© Copyright 2004 Keith W. Mullin - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2004-05-27 08:48 PM

Keith,
Well now, I can't but help think of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ". Answers most of all of these questions.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

2 posted 2004-05-27 09:55 PM

You know.. thats just as far as we know. In all actuality, we know very little. Destruction could be another form of rebirth. And, of course, I believe that there are more things constant besides destruction.. but the piece itself is nice in it's format and all. I'm assuming since you posted this here and not in Feelings that you want it read more as a work than as a rant. Am I right?

Oh, make me Thine forever
And should I fainting be
Lord, let me never ever
Outlive my love for Thee

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Constants

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary