navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Assignments From My Daughter #27
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Assignments From My Daughter #27 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States

0 posted 2004-05-09 09:18 PM

Assignments From My Daughter #27
By Larry Chadwick

L.L. Bean wasn’t really her style. But then again that hat. She had to have that hat. It would work so perfect with her classroom. So she sat down at her computer and proceeded to write a whole sequence of topic titles. Relying on her kindergarten experience she got her scissors out and separated each title into a single paper strip. When they were folded in half they went into her hat. And the hat went to her high school English classroom. It would do her juniors and seniors good to write impromptu papers on random topics.

Assignment #27 “I Was So Embarrassed!”:

For those who know me it is no surprise that my embarrassment is in retrospect. At the age of thirty-eight I was fired for the first time. The fall was made harder because I was at the highest position I had ever held. And the fall could not have been deeper. However, my embarrassment is not that I was fired. Then again the experience taught me invaluable lessons. In my four year spiral I let us end up homeless. And I took a part-time job as a janitor (without being seen as over qualified) with my college degree. The worst shame was neither the job nor the living circumstances. Though it was a challenge the worst part was to think that I let somebody else own my self-esteem, now that is embarrassing.

May 5, 2004

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

© Copyright 2004 Larry Chadwick - All Rights Reserved
pictureme
since 2003-11-28
Posts 248
Ohio, USA
1 posted 2004-05-10 11:08 PM

Good Evening,
You have nothing to be embarrassed about as you have taken over ownership! I can almost
say been there and done that....but I can
positively say don't wanna go back. Life is not a destination it is the adventure in getting there!
pictureme :-)

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2004-05-11 09:07 PM

pictureme,
And the valleys often teach more than the peaks! Thank you for understanding.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Assignments From My Daughter #27

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary