navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Assignments From My Daughter #20
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Assignments From My Daughter #20 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States

0 posted 2004-05-03 08:36 PM

Assignments From My Daughter #20
By Larry Chadwick

L.L. Bean wasn’t really her style. But then again that hat. She had to have that hat. It would work so perfect with her classroom. So she sat down at her computer and proceeded to write a whole sequence of topic titles. Relying on her kindergarten experience she got her scissors out and separated each title into a single paper strip. When they were folded in half they went into her hat. And the hat went to her high school English classroom. It would do her juniors and seniors good to write impromptu papers on random topics.

Assignment #20 “I Predict…”:

I predict the Diamondbacks will win another World Series. I predict that Mount Rainier will finally end up where it belongs. In my backyard. I predict that Ford will offer the Cobra again and I will be able to afford it. I predict that you will win the lottery. I predict that unemployment will disappear. And I predict that the world will eventually know global peace.

Okay, but this prediction I will guarantee. I predict that you will get what you give. I predict that life will eventually shock you. I predict that you have the strength to survive whatever comes. I predict your friends will impress you. I predict that after your church disappoints you it will amaze you. And I predict that when we learn the truth about God it will astound you. I predict that too many will doubt too much about my predictions.

April 26, 2004

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

© Copyright 2004 Larry Chadwick - All Rights Reserved
Endlessecho
since 2003-09-05
Posts 398
I live within myself
1 posted 2004-05-04 05:05 PM

"I predict that you have the strength to survive whatever comes"

...too true! Though you never realize how true until you reach that point.

I'm enjoying reading your works.  I think you are a wonderful writer.  These assignments are a very neat idea.  And I've tried it.  But, I did the whole route and put it inside a box and drew one out.  #28 is taped to my keyboard and I have two sentences written... Maybe I shoulda just chose one.  I'm stuck!  ;-) haha.. well maybe the muse will hit me upside the head regarding it soon.

However, you sure are breezing through.  I love your insights.  Please keep sharing.

Jessica

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2004-05-04 09:58 PM

Endlessecho,
How delightful it is when you read and respond. Your thoughts touch me deeply, as does your writing. Thank you.

I have more written but don't have a floppy disk to post with tonight. This project has meant a lot to me. Thanks again for your encouragement.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

pictureme
since 2003-11-28
Posts 248
Ohio, USA
3 posted 2004-05-04 10:33 PM

Good Evening Larry,
"I Predict..."...interesting read. IN beginning I truely doubted. By paragraph two you had me believing! I almost felt like paragraph two was biblical! :-). By the last sentence you had me converted! :-). Nice write with lots of interesting predictions!
I predict that Larry will be posting again soon. :-)
Keep writing my friend!
pictureme :-)

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
4 posted 2004-05-05 12:25 PM

pictureme,
You're funny! You'd never guess I have a degree in Theology, would you? Okay, so you got me. And praise the Lord for people like you.

Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

5 posted 2004-05-24 07:05 AM

I predict that you will get what you give

this prediction is definitely guaranteed. I believe so too m'friend

Maree.

The clouds never expect it when it rains, but the sea, changes colour, but the sea, does not change.
~Stevie Nicks~

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
6 posted 2004-05-24 08:12 PM

Maree,
So, I did get one right! Thank you.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Assignments From My Daughter #20

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary