navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Pondering the Christ
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pondering the Christ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Copperbell
since 2003-11-08
Posts 956

0 posted 2004-04-09 03:04 PM

I know that you experienced great pain and suffering on this day in history.  I know that you were obeying your Father and that you suffered mentally and emotionally before this day even arrived.  Your friends misunderstood you and did not support you in the way that would have offered at least a little comfort.  I cannot fathom the agony you suffered – but because I am selfish… and grateful, I’m glad that you did.

I know you can do things on my behalf; that you can help me and give me good things, and I’m glad for that.  But I’m torn, because I see that you are among so many things also a friend and there’s no friend on this planet that I would treat with indifference if they did me such a favor. There would be no friend that I could continue to expect all of their strength on my behalf without giving back to them in return. So what do I do with this favor?  What do I do with knowing that you suffered no small thing? You suffered in innocence and love and what do I do with that?

All that I can think of is that I could offer my heart and all my love and adoration to you.  A person will work for a king, a person will work for a boss, but you deserve more than some type of meager repayment – for that’s all I would ever be able to give in repayment for what you’ve done.  And if I spent every day of my existence doing things that pleased you and did not give you my love, then you have received only a servant. But you say you have adopted children, sons and daughters, friends.  

So how do I love you?  You’re not a person, you’re not tangible. My answer: a student will learn what their teacher taught them – and you teach love. Loving God, myself and others.

© Copyright 2004 Copperbell - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2004-04-09 11:01 PM

Copperbell,
There is no way to repay. You cannot pay for a gift that has been given to you. But we can respond in love expressed through service. Interesting isn't it? He came as a servant. No better example exists in the universe. Nice write.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Copperbell
since 2003-11-08
Posts 956

2 posted 2004-04-10 12:37 PM

ya..you summed it up much quicker than I. lol. It is cool and sobering.
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
3 posted 2004-04-10 12:13 PM

No apologies required. You did a good job. I posted something similar at:
Unfailing Love

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
4 posted 2004-04-12 09:10 PM

Who I'm I to love god if I hold on to anything that is me?  Who I'm I if I do not understand? "I am."  Believing it is me when I have no live if it isn't that of god.
It is not a wonder when one will follow him, and give up his life to kingdom of god, knowing he will never be worthy but by grace alone for the one who give up his life in this world so we may follow him.

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
5 posted 2004-05-01 12:00 PM

Excellent write!
JL

“But now O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay and thou our potter;
and we are all the work of thy hand.”                                       ~Isaiah 64:8

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
6 posted 2008-04-19 06:21 PM

By believing in him and sharing his story you are showing your love...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Pondering the Christ

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary