navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » i dont know you
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic i dont know you Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
a123
since 2004-03-27
Posts 72

0 posted 2004-03-29 02:48 AM

"You are very inquisitive and quiet.You have a lot of potential but you seem to relax in between ,maybe it is because of the the age you are at,which is perfectly fine we all relax at times", the psychology teacher tells Aicha.Aicha nods[hmmm...so thats what you think of me].

It is monday morning, the last class of the eleventh grade which seems to have suddenly come to an end.The calm looking psychology teacher, whose face betrays her actual personality,has been given a heavy task by her on-the-brink-of-adulthood students.She has to tell each of them whatever she has got to know about their personalities in the past few months that they have spent in her class.
Being a psychology teacher,a lot is expected from her,more than any other teacher.

She moves on to the next person and probably forgets about Aicha.But does Aicha forget what shes been told?

[Quiet?Why does everybody find me too quiet.Is there simething wrong in beeing quiet?Then why do i not like it when people say i am quiet or shy?]

Its English period.You are supposed to give pieces of paper to each other saying whatever you feel about them.A lot of people pass on chits to Aicha. here are what they all go like...

I DONT KNOW YOU AT ALL BUT MAYBE WE COULD CHANGE THAT.YOU SEEM REALLY GOOD-NATURED.

YOU ARE VERY INTELLIGENT.I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW YOU BETTER.

YOU SEEM LIKE A VERY INTERESTING PERSON AND I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW YOU BETTER.

These confuse her-why dont people know her?Its not as if she has not tried to get to know other people but suddenly  she feels as if in the seven months spent in this school she has got to know very few people and very few people have actually got to know her.

[What is actually getting to know someone? After all even if you are very close to a person you never really  know what goes on in their minds... or do you?]

[This message has been edited by a123 (03-29-2004 05:08 AM).]

© Copyright 2004 a123 - All Rights Reserved
Copperbell
since 2003-11-08
Posts 956

1 posted 2004-04-09 01:44 PM

I can relate with this. I've been told I'm not as obvious as I think I am. People don't actually know that I even like them...very strange feeling when I think It's obvious that I do. I guess sometimes quiet people need to be more noisy for others to see them and hear them.

I think its a case of learning to be myself in front of others - something that can be hard to do.

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2004-04-09 11:12 PM

Some build relationships slower than others. However, it increases the chances those relationship will be more meaningful. Patience is a virtue that only grows when tested. I wish you peace and patience.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » i dont know you

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary