navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Justin's continuing Story Part 2
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Justin's continuing Story Part 2 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Justin Genius
since 2001-04-02
Posts 85

0 posted 2004-01-04 03:47 PM

The moment I closed my eyes I started falling into darkness with the speed of a shooting star, bouncing back and forth into slimy walls, feeling tiny little hands squeezing me wherever they could, which was quite pleasant at times.  Luckily there was still running water down my face, what turned me into a big slippery slime ball, so the little mutants couldn't get a good grip, or they might have held onto me forever.
So these were supposed to be the dark pits of Hell? Perhaps for the first couple of miles, but slowly the darkness turned a little orange and I could now see the little mutants, who's squeezes had turned into nasty, mean, bite like, definitely not so pleasant little pinches.  I just started wondering if there would ever come an end to my freefall, when I suddenly fell onto the softest cushion imaginable. When I looked up I noticed I was entrapped in something that looked like the inside of a transparent balloon and it was filling up quickly with the water running from my eyes. Pretty soon I'd be in over my head! I was just considering this might be a good time to see my life flash by when a silky, enticing voice echoed from all around: "Who dares to pollute the womb of all wombs by jumping into the Mother of all Evil's?", while two strong hands saved me from drowning.

I turned my head a little to thank my saviour, but was dumbstruck at the sight of such beauty! This was surely a god, or at the very least Mr. Universe. I was looking at a 6 feet tall, slim, muscular, young man, with blond, shining golden hair up to his shoulders and the bluest eyes you've ever seen, holding a trident of lightening in his free hand, while he gently put me back on my feet. Male perfection! And I always thought I was the only one! My admiration instantly melted, quicker than snow in a dessert, when he opened his mouth and said: "Naughty, naughty!"
His voice sounded like nails gliding down a blackboard, hitting my eardrums like little sharp nails, finding their way up my brain, clawing into it and trying to tear it apart. Pain! I was in such terrible pain, it brought me to my knees. With great effort I managed to look up and whisper: "Please, enough... not another word or I'll die."  
"Quite an amazing contrast, isn't it?," said the silky, enticing voice from behind me. "Perhaps you should prepare yourself for another little shock before you turn around," he warned, as I tried turning my head to whom had spoken this time.

I'm not sure how much the human eye can behold before being scared to death, but this surely got me as close as I ever again want to be to a near death experience! I stared in pure horror at the ugliest creature possible, although ugly is a far too kind word. I looked upon a very short male - at least, I think it was a male. I hope you'll forgive me I didn't check, - with a potato like head stuffed on what must be the shortest neck in the world, surrounded by a tangle of hair so greasy, it was dripping to the floor. His face was covered with warts with in the middle a pickle. Not only green, but slimy too! His eyes were of a pure blackness, filled with an evil to scare anybody right out of their pants instantly. Thank goodness I was wearing braces today! The most scary part was his mouth though. Amid all this ugliness was a mouth the colour of ripe cherries, so beautiful, sensual and inviting, it almost seemed impossible not wanting to kiss it. Not that I was going to, but the thought did cross my mind and that's exactly what scared me most! This surely was a joke of nature! The ugliest dwarf in the universe. Surprisingly his ugliness stopped beneath his neck. He might be short, but the rest of his tiny body was perfectly proportioned, dressed in a 3 piece, black, Armani suite, black shirt and tie, matching socks and very shiny black shoes, holding a trident of fire in his left hand; a little fire fly circling around it. The god next to him was dressed exactly the same, with the only difference Dwarfy's clothes were reflecting little, dancing flames, while the god’s were showing little bolds of lighting. What on earth had I gotten into? Men in black?

"I'm awfully delighted to see a new face around here," Mr. Voice said, "but why on earth did you have to enter through the womb of the Mother of all Evil? God only knows what trouble you may have gotten us into! Filling it up with tears of Ignorance! We may suffer the consequences for centuries! Evil and Ignorance don't mix very well you know, and will most likely disturb the delicate balance we created over the years. I want the world to know Evilness and not to be ignorant of it!  Alas, only time will tell, but where are my manners?" he said, walking up to me, offering his perfect little artistic hand. "I am Brother Natan and this is Brother Nevil. He doesn't speak much I'm afraid, but I'm sure you don't mind he keeps quiet most of the time. As a matter of fact he mostly communicates through sign language, which is quite fine with me, since I prefer the sound of my own, perfectly perfect, voice anytime."

"Uh... uh", I struggled to form some words, while accepting his hand, which felt strangely cold, but could not come any further than; "You know God?"

"God? Yes of course we know God," Brother Natan replied, "He's the bloke that lives around the corner of Bachelor Boulevard. We play cards every Saturday night. Saturday nights at God's are always a treat. You never know who else is invited. We've met Buddha, Mother Earth, Allah, Ghandi, Daffy Duck, and Merlin, just to name a few, although I fear we won't see Merlin for a while since he lost his fire dragon last time we played. Too bad the magic doesn't work here in Hell, so all that's left is this annoying little fire fly you see buzzing around my trident. Now please stop crying, since you're making a mess, and tell us your name."

"Crying," I said, "what’s crying?"
"Well it's something that has to do with emotions and your mental and/or physical state." Brother Natan explained. "I've heard and seen people cry when they are in pain, afraid, sad or scared and they cried so hard I could have filled the river Styx with their tears (that's how you humans call that water pouring down from your eyes), but then, I've also seen them wet their pants, which I'm sure is different, because it smells. I'm afraid that's all I can tell you though, since I'm quite unfamiliar with the feel of most emotions.
On the other hand, how can I be afraid to tell you something when I have no idea what afraid actually means? Is this what you humans call "A matter of Speech?", but then if it's a speech you want, we shouldn't be having this conversation, so make up your mind. Is it speech you want, or conversation? And please do introduce yourself finally, or I see no other choice but to let Brother Nevil ask you!"

"Oh no!", I cried – for now I knew I was crying – "Not Brother Nevil! Punish me any way you like, but please don't ask Brother Nevil to speak! My name is Justin... Justin Genius I think, although I'm not sure. I've been in some kind of accident and have a little trouble remembering who the Hell I am, although that's exactly were it took me. Last time I introduced myself, Justin Genius seemed to be my name. Please forgive me if I'm wrong, since I have no idea and wouldn't lie to you on purpose. No Sir, I wouldn't and if it turned out I did, please don't hold it against me, because it would only have been a silly mistake and mistakes do happen, as, by the looks of you, you surely know. Just like entering your lovely home through the Mother of all Evil. I didn't plan it Sir. No way... I was merely led here by Ignorance, so there's the proof of my innocence. Ignorance tricked me... led me through the deep pits of Hell to land in the womb of all wombs, crying, without even knowing what I was doing and leaving me to pollute her Evilness with my tears and... and... all I wanted was to get some sleep and there it was: Ignorance! It must have been waiting for me to close my eyes to grab me when I did, but I assure you I didn't know. I wasn't aware of Ignorance sir, but it won't happen again. I promise!... and the name of the love of my life is... mphm... but that was not the question, now was it?" Darn, I was rambling. Making no sense! Willing to do just about anything to hear nothing but silence from Brother Nevil. But I was not willing to tell them the name of the love of my life! Nope, not even Brother Nevil's torture could make me tell that! I'd rather have my brain turned to pudding and die. Too bad a good pudding would be wasted, but alas, such is life, or should I say death? I wonder what flavour it would be and could I possibly save someone from starving to death by dying? I could clearly picture a little old wino scooping the pudding from my skull, with a "this is my lucky day" expression on his face, when Brother Natan interrupted my daydreams.

"So it's Justin Genius and you claim to be innocent of polluting the Mother of all Evil and yet you continue to cry, making a mud pool of our home, extinguishing every fire around you. You claim it was Ignorance leading you to this place and you have no idea what you are crying about, unaware of the fact you are crying. I'd say that sounds pretty ignorant to me! I'd say it was your Ignorance leading you here and it was your crying in Ignorance polluting this place, and since you seem to have no reason to cry, we shall give you something to cry about, just as soon as I've given you a tour of our lovely world."

"But that makes no sense Brother Natan!", I said in despair, "How can I be guilty of Ignorance if I had no idea what I was doing? The most you can accuse me of is Innocence and if that's the case I plead guilty alright."

"But it makes perfect sense Justin!" said Brother Natan, while he started walking towards the river Styx. "Just as one and one do not necessarily always add up to two, but often to three, or four, or more, and in a rare occasion only to one. It all depends on how you look at it, and as you so kindly pointed out, you are at the very least guilty of Innocence, which makes you guilty either way, now doesn't it? But please, let's not argue. Brother Nevil loves a good argument and I assure you he has never lost one yet," which made me cautious and quiet as a mouse instantly, although I couldn't help trying to find the logic in his statement while he and Brother Nevil started giving me a tour of their world.

Absent-mindedly I followed the Spooky Brothers along the riverside, catching an occasional word from time to time, such as: torture, crucify, stoning, mortal fear, but couldn't find it within myself to pay more attention, because I had to watch my step through the mud I was creating with my tears. Slip sliding away I cautiously followed my guides through the still warm mud. My tears may have put out the fires, it was still hot enough to give me some real nasty blisters. Suddenly Brother Nevil took my hand and boy did he give me a big fright doing that, but all he wanted was I'd pay more attention to what Brother Natan was saying, so I searched my pockets and gave him a coin, which supplied me with enough attention all of a sudden to even understand what Brother Natan was saying.

"And here we have Mr. John Cleese. He's always been a great supporter of a non-smoking policy and while he does his work up there, we keep him smoking down here on this cross, just to keep the balance," Brother Natan said with something that looked like a stunning smile on his hideous face. When I looked up to Mr. Cleese's tired and dreary face, he winked at me, showed a faint smile and said: "But it’s not as bad as smoking," while a burst of flames arose from a depth of Hell, roasting his hairless skin, causing a scream that made the goose pimples run straight of my skin in terror! Brother Natan must have seen the amazement on my face when I saw the awful burns heal almost immediately, because he began to explain how he and his Brother loved to give their guests the same torture over and over again, since it was so much more fun to watch their fright when they knew what was coming. I was utterly surprised to hear Mr. Cleese burst out into a song, as if he could find strength in the words to face the terror he expected any moment again. His hoarse voice resounded through Hell; "Always look on the bright side of life," while three little devils popped up out of nowhere to sing in hellish disharmony: "Da dum - da dum – da dum da dum da dum." Heck, this place was worse than a circus!

In spite of all the horror and terror forced upon me, I couldn't help being drawn into a hypnotic trance by the voice of Brother Natan. All I could do was stare at his mouth, feeling the attraction pulling me closer and closer. His lips became more and more cherry red, tempting, lovable, kissable... oh, how I wanted to kiss those lips! Just when I was ready to give in to this overwhelming temptation, a sudden giggle from Brother Nevil rudely awoke me from my deep trance, back to my equally hot and steamy reality. I still wonder what shocked me more. Almost kissing Brother Natan, or being grateful to Brother Nevil for producing a sound. Again I focused on Brother Natan's voice, but I was a little more cautious this time and stuffed my ears with some mud, so he couldn't put his vicious voice spell on me and heard him say in a sort of a distant way; "And this is where Vincent van Gogh cut off his ear when he was burning in Hell and that's exactly what we'll do to you for your innocent, but hideous act of pollution. In spite of your innocence, you kept crying and putting out fires, making a mess all over, so there... guilty... guilty... guilty!"

Before I could take another breath I found myself strapped to a spit, face down, looking straight into purgatory. I should have trembled of fear, but for now I was feeling more relief than fear for not being stuck on there like they usually do with piglets. It would have surely ruined my teeth! The mere thought of it was enough to cry even harder. Heck, I even managed to produce some sound when flames arose from the depth, eager to turn me to roast. Every tear dripped into the purgatory with a loud "tssss – tssss," causing the fire to flicker and flame, as if it was hesitant to act as ordered. I screamed when I felt the flames twirl around my body and reckoned now was a good time then to see my life flash by. Imagine my surprise when the flames felt like a cool hand on a Summer's night, caressing like no one but the love of my life could... ah, this was wonderful, exceptional, delightful! And suddenly it hit me! I was no longer Ignorant, but Innocent, and purgatory could not hurt an innocent!

"Cool!," I said. "Cool?" Brother Natan replied. How does that make cool? I'm burning your butt off and you think this is cool?" "Nah, not that kind of cool," I said, still with an expression of delight on my face. "I mean COOL. Your flames don't burn. They are cool! Your flames don't hurt, but caress me like a lover's hand, so I'd say it's cool either way you look at it. Cool as in temperature and cool as in WOW, great, I love it! Got any more of these pleasant surprises for me, or was this the best you can do?"

The next thing I knew I was standing in the middle of the river Styx. The devilish, satanic brothers had turned me into a Greek statue. To be more precise a Greek discus thrower, standing on one leg, discus at hand, ready to let go, my most important body parts covered by nothing but the tiniest little mini skirt! Except for my eyes I couldn't move a muscle! All this time tears kept gushing from my eyes. They had turned me into a fountain!
Most annoying, however, was the little fire fly, buzzing around and around my disc, or having a nice long rest on my nose and there was nothing I could do about it! All of a sudden the darn creature stung me, which left a burning mark on my upper arm, resembling a miniature fire dragon. Whoever said I wanted a tattoo? Should I ever feel the urge to mutilate myself, it'd be a Hula girl you know!  
Strangely enough the burning mark on my arm spread out and within minutes I was glowing all over, like having a fever. Hey, this fever even dried my tears! Slowly paralysis left my body like a snake losing it's skin and one by one my muscles returned to life. I quickly knelt down on one knee, thanking the God-I-once-knew, trying to get a feel of the  temperature of the water at the same time. Have you ever felt cold? Trust me! This water was more than cold! It was freezing the nails of my toes as soon as they touched the water and I already started looking around to find another way of escape when Brother Nevil spotted me and started jumping up and down to catch Brother Natan's attention, therefore I made the hardest choice of my life and dived into the icy cold water of the River Styx, knowing I'd lose all my nails, but it was a price I gladly paid before Brother Natan would see me.

Drifting downstream I watched the river bank where Brother Nevil was still trying to catch Brother Natan's attention, when suddenly everything, and I mean everything, got out of hand. Flames burst out of the ground, big bolds of lightening appeared out of nowhere, hitting everything and everybody that got in the way, Sirens were running around and Banshees yelled and fled in fear! All Hell was breaking loose! Brother Nevil was speaking!

But why wasn't I in pain? Why wasn't my brain turned into pudding, making a little old wino extremely happy? Could it be the mud I previously stuffed in my ears to stay safe from Brother Natan's attraction spell? It had to be, because muddy ice cubes were blocking my hearing so completely, I felt I was playing a part in a silent film. Nonetheless this wasn't a time to be careless. Both Brothers got hold of their tridents and were shooting flashes of fire and lightening towards me, heating up the water to a more pleasant temperature. I started to wonder why these two had such a poor aim, when I realised the purpose of it. Darn! The mud! The mud was melting and slowly dripping out of my ears, so I quickly dived under water, keeping my head under as long as possible. One minute... two minutes... as long as I couldn't hear I'd be safe. I needed to get out of here, so I swam downstream with might and main, two good companions in times of need, and looked for anything out of the ordinary, other than the extraordinary situation I was already in, which basically meant I was looking for something normal. I figured if there was a way into this Hell, there also had to be a way out and just when I was ready to surrender I saw it! An enormous black hole, looking like a mouth, a big sign in fiery letters above it: "EXIT", and underneath it, written in very small letters: "Are you sure? It’s a cold, cold world out there! (Especially when you’re soaked!)" Then it swallowed me.

© Copyright 2004 Justin Genius - All Rights Reserved
Michelle_loves_Mike
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-12-20
Posts 1189
Pennsylvania
1 posted 2004-01-04 04:50 PM

......danteesque......
Justin Genius
since 2001-04-02
Posts 85

2 posted 2004-01-07 04:06 PM

Danteesque? Yep, that's good... very good!

Thank you for your time to read and reply.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Justin's continuing Story Part 2

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary