navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dark Angel
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dark Angel Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Trouble Breathing
since 2002-11-12
Posts 63

0 posted 2003-12-14 01:58 AM

Inspired by a poem a wrote a while back.
----------------------
For if you look at her, a fate worse than death in itself and its entirety. It shall thin the very blood that runs from your toes to the very tip of your fingers, and to that rapidly pulsating organ in your body capable of life in many forms. Why, you ask? Or maybe why not? For all shes asks is some peace, to not be disturbed or exposed to light. Maybe this is for your own good. Maybe you wonder how disturbing the sleep and prosperity of a dark angel could possibly affect you. Exposed to light, she will will quickly fade and begin to disinegrate. She will disingrate into a fine sand like substance. They very substance you probably suck through your nose with a rolled up piece of paper. The very substance that after entering your system goes straight to your brain. It then slowly eats at your brain, and as I'm sure you've previously seen in many heavy users of any drug consumed by snorting, it doesnt leave you in a very lively condition. In fact, the more it eats at your brain, the less intelligent you are. The less you think, the less you accomplish, the less your brain tells your heart to keep beating. Of course this keeps happening to a higher and higher degree until one day the lack of thickness in your blood and the lack of working parts of your brain just becomes too much and too frequent, and your heart just stops. It stops. Not before many years of anything ranging from pure stupidity to craziness or just plain insane. Mind you none of this is easy on you, and is a very slow, tedious and painful process. Until that is, you just die. It leaves you wondering why your whole life you just wanted to live life to the fullest, yet spent all your time preparing yourself for a fate worse than actually dying. All she wanted was some peace and quiet.

© Copyright 2003 Trouble Breathing - All Rights Reserved
Brigid WillowKeeper
since 2003-08-24
Posts 88
OHIO IN USA
1 posted 2003-12-14 03:10 PM

I really love this! The profound comparison to a demon. (at least that is what I saw)I wish I could do this as a prose peice for our prose and poetry category, but everytime I do a morbid peice, the judges don't like it. *sighs* but it is my goal to make Prose and Poetry cool. I will change that awful name given to it (all the peices are are happy, and family oriented) and I will make the best kick butt peice ever . . . *ponders*

Back to what I was saying, I really like this.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dark Angel

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary