navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Seeing eye to eye
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Seeing eye to eye Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....

0 posted 2003-11-27 05:49 PM

We never did see eye to eye. The limp rubber of burst balloons, used child’s birthday cake candles, the washing up; all that remained of a “special” evening. Looking back, all there ever was: burnt out ends of nothing. Rose petals floated down, adorning my dreams, creating the haze through which I saw you. What I saw had no bearing whatsoever with the man I see so clearly now. Man? Pshaw! No more than a boy. A spoilt, selfish brat. Your eyes, a brilliant blue, were all reflections. In them I saw what I wanted to see, but never what lay behind: your soul hid itself in darker depths, like a snake lurking in its hole.

I’m no child. Rejection, in itself, would have been just another obstacle to overcome. It’s the lies I cannot bear. Everything you ever told me was a lie. The only truth I have heard from your lips is how meaningless I always was and always will be to you. You think it’s alright now. Yes, I forgave you all your sins at the same time as I forgave myself my own. The sin of opening my heart to a cold east wind…did I ever thank you for the frostbite? Yes, I proffer the hand of friendship…though perhaps, perhaps I shouldn’t. Perhaps you think you are obliging me by accepting it, even half-heartedly. Who knows? We look through such different eyes, see such different things. If an apple fell at our feet one day, you’d see a pear and I’d see a pomegranate.

I never said I was right. All I know is we never did see eye to eye.

"Gorge the honey from life, and live through the stomach aches knowing they will pass..." ~Liz Pinard 2003~

© Copyright 2003 ESP - All Rights Reserved
CrAzI_bAbI_cHiKa
since 2003-07-16
Posts 248

1 posted 2003-12-03 09:52 PM

wow..i love the beginning, very vivid. it reminds me of me n my grandmother, never c eye 2eye. luckily, she doesnt live anywhere near me. lol great job, great write, pleasure to read
Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

2 posted 2003-12-04 08:41 AM

Very well done Elizabeth.  There is alot of thought put into this write, filled with emotion. I enjoyed, thanks for sharing.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Seeing eye to eye

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary