navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Suicide Point
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Suicide Point Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ambrish
since 2003-03-27
Posts 257
India

0 posted 2003-11-10 02:47 AM

It was a pleasant morning in the hill station of Kasouli. The clouds were kissing the hilltops. The dewdrops were shining like diamond in the pre-dawn golden light of Sun. Jasmine was strolling leisurely enjoying the pre-dawn serene nature. She had no idea when lost in her own thought she reached the suicide point. At the hilltop she saw someone who was busy in making a landscape of the surrounding beauty. He was a charming young man approximately in his early twenties with well build body and green eyes and sharp features. “Hello I am Yudi, living in nearby town, never seen you before here. “, he stretched his right hand towards her in a friendly way. There was an air of confidence and assurance in his voice. “I am Jasmine, staying at the rest house nearby. “So you are on a holiday.” “Partly true, I escaped from the fast life of city for a month so that I can write my first novel in this serene atmosphere.” “A budding writer, don’t worry I too am an amateur painter”, he grinned.
The first meeting followed by many others, now they were at good terms to each other. Every day she found him on the same spot where they met for the first time, she found that Yudi and she had lot of things in common. Now they were seeing each other more frequently. On day he was making the portrait of Jasmine, “All right now your portrait is complete, he turned it towards Jasmine. There it was written, ‘I love you, do you love me too Jas?’ She stood still for a moment then embracing him replied, “Yes, me too, me too.”  
“When will you ask your parent’s permission for our marriage? You have not even introduced me to them, I have asked you several times, I want our engagement before I go back”, she asked staring him with a complaining expression. “Don’t worry I will talk to them tonight, and now no one can separate us.”  Next day when he met her again he was disturbed and wore a sombre expression. “You look horrible, what happened, what have your parents said, oh! Dear please say something. ” “Jasmine”, he replied with difficulty, ”I want to tell you something.” Oh! Yudi don’t speak in puzzles, tell me what’s the matter.” “Actually Jasmine I am already engaged and my parents want me to marry that girl.” “And you are telling it now. What right you have to play with my sentiments.” “But I love you Jas,  ” “Then why don’t you tell this to your parents, or is their permission necessary?  ” “I have already said you Jas it is not possible.” “Then what is its solution Yudi?” “There is one way if you are ready for it Jas.” ”Tell me Yudi what is it I am ready for every thing but I can’t live without you.” “O.k. Jas then….”

Jasmine did not return to rest house that day. Three days later her decomposed body was recovered from the woods down the hill where Suicide Point was located and a note in her handwriting was found on writing table in the guesthouse stating that she is committing suicide because she is sick of life and no one else should be blamed for this. This was the 15th case of mysterious disappearance and 11th case of suicide in that area in last 5 years, all cases involving female. And last time all of them were seen with a handsome young man.

6 months later….
“The sun looks so beautiful emerging out of hills spreading its golden everywhere. ” “Yes, and the atmosphere is so serene, by the way I am Monty a freelance photographer, and can I know your name,” “Yap, I am Jasmine, a novelist. ”

© Copyright 2003 Ambrish Parihar - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Suicide Point

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary