navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Silenced
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Silenced Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lexia
since 2003-07-20
Posts 111
Nowhere

0 posted 2003-08-11 11:56 PM

Silence.

This wretched, bloody silence.

What for?

I reach, clawing, looking, grasping for a way out. I need to get out. This concrete silence will kill me if nothing else does.

How I wish, pray for death to come. Quickly. Tonight, tomorrow, soon, I beg of whoever is listening.

My pleas fall on deaf, lifeless ears. Those eyeless sockets are staring at me. I turn away. The corpse is too much. Cobwebs have formed between the bones of what was once a man. The skull is turned, slightly to the right. This man had been the victim of a broken neck.

There isn't a place to hide from that body. I shiver. Death is watching me through those sockets. I can feel His cold grasp on my sanity. He comes quickly, taking my sanity, then, finally, my life.

I slip into the eternal abyss of darkness. Demons, things reach for me, grabbing every part of my body and soul, taking pieces and scattering them over the inferno.

What did I do wrong? Why Hell? I was a good person, until Kevin. He should be here.

Not me, never me.

I have children, a husband, family, friends, people who care about me. Why Hell?

The maniacal laughter. I know that laugh. I turn. Kevin. That slimy bastard.

I run towards him, but an unseen force holds me, locks me to this place. I can't move, I can't breath.

Kevin.

"Marisa, Marisa, Marisa. What did I tell you? Hmm?"

"Go away." My voice sounded distant to me. It didn't seem like my own. That scared me more than anything.

"No, Marisa, I'm not going anywhere. The same, however, can't be said for you."

My body shook. He laughed a laugh that made my insides churn. He was going to kill me.

Am I dead? Am I dreaming?

My eyes closed.

You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

[This message has been edited by Lexia (08-12-2003 08:26 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Alexia Raine - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Silenced

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary