navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » to you
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic to you Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Riley
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain

0 posted 2003-08-07 07:54 PM

don't know if this really counts for prose, but its a letter i wrote to someone ( never will give it to them but hey ) and just wanted to post it...

to you:
It’s everything you ever wanted in a lie, a perfect component, which would be another or me one way. Deception to everyone you knew was your only way out, to escape all the tragedy’s. Answer me this, did you tell everything to its full extent, milk it down to the bone? I don’t think you did, you could have twisted it more, wringing it out, and now you are alone. This is what you deserve, because in my heart, I was too good for you. Does that sound self-centered, good I hope it does. Tears fell on my pillow every night, and up until now I thought they were for you, but now I know that I was crying because I wasn’t who I wanted to be. You held me back, like I was a playing thing, holding onto my hand like you weren’t ever going to let go. Now you ask for forgiveness, and may I ask which part do you want to be forgiven for? The part where you maneuvered my friends and me into thinking differently than we are, or maybe where you lied about what you tried to do? In my mind, I can’t forgive you for any of it, because I feel like you tried to manipulate me and thank goodness some one pulled me out before the water got to deep. You probably wanted me to drown, didn’t you? You wanted me to just die; inside and you weren’t going to rescue me, no matter how much I cried out. I am glad that someone turned me around and lead me back to where I was in the first place. Now I am expected to continue with my life, and push you straight out, and to tell the truth, I think I could. I am willing to forget everything I ever knew about you. The relationship I seek is not there, and I don’t need someone to help me drown, I need someone to pull me out when I am in too deep. Friends who truly care about me and don’t turn around and tell a different lie to everyone. In short, my life is better now, and thanks for nothing to you, you helped none.

me

* the pouring rain kisses my lips with innocence as you look into my eyes *

© Copyright 2003 Riley Grant - All Rights Reserved
Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
1 posted 2003-08-09 07:23 PM

There's nothing as unbreakable as the bond between an Arabian and her person

Riley
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain
2 posted 2003-08-09 08:30 PM

thank you skyfire

:muah:

riley

* the pouring rain kisses my lips with innocence as you look into my eyes *

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » to you

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary