navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Does She
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Does She Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace

0 posted 2003-07-29 04:31 PM

Does She

While he sleeps does she notice how tough he can be, yet how soft he looks in muted light? Silver strands silken across pillow. Tenderly tan where loops kiss his chest, which holds a heart weak and strong. Does she touch in tenderness a tired back from being driven, where from birth tore a scar to bear the weight of responsibility?
    Does she feel his ease as he minutes his days, satisfied in a hunger. Does she watch from afar, how he caresses in words and fingerprints a young life he brought to this earth, seeing there is no bottom to his love? Does she find she has tears because she allowed herself to love him without realizing it? Does she know patience because he is quiet? Is she willing to wait? Can she forget about herself and give up everything for him?
    There is a salty rain in his kiss. Quenching drips, which seasons you as well as tempting you to want more. Does she taste it? And can she feel a touch of fire that smolders as well as cools, where time away from him burns her skin? Thinking of a smile that melts stone making walls built, fall brick by brick.
    Does she feed him food for thought in the appetite he has without knowing this growl he hears in himself, is the pains of hunger from being alone? Does she tempt him with appetizers, to later show him she is the main meal and a sweet dessert?
    Will she remind him she is a woman, soft and wanting?  Does she sow him seeds, the place he has waited for and never found in a nomads search, moving from here to there never feeling the home? Can she show him security is in being, not in the desert oasis, but where feet are planted?  
    In his arms, is a freedom to fly to heights unknown before, or does she run like me confused and afraid of what she touches is real. Can she understand his un-complication? Where there are no lines to trip and spin of sticky webs waiting to harm. Can she know there is a safe place there, unlike me that wanted to reach and kept it at arms length as not to feel the sting of the baiting spider?
    Will she make him feel he is special, like he is the only whisper needed to hear? Does she tenderly hold him close but lax enough not to smother? Can she say how she feels instead of hiding behind the fear of words? Can she teach him not to fear her, so he will know that sometimes need is not always a weakness?  Can she gently show him that giving in is not letting go?
    Does she? I wonder does she, or is she stupid like me? I pray not, for he deserves to be loved.

"I am living a life, i have no wish to live. How did this happen?" Unknown

[This message has been edited by 1slick_lady (07-31-2003 10:18 AM).]

© Copyright 2003 Helen Chambers - All Rights Reserved
Amature2
since 2001-01-08
Posts 416

1 posted 2003-07-31 11:10 PM

1slick_lady, if she looks deep inside herself, i'm sure She Does.
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2003-08-05 07:53 PM

As does she...only more so. Does he knoe, as he should, how lucky he is? I do and long for it to be so.
and

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

gemjop
Member Elite
since 2002-11-18
Posts 2587
Pencilveinia, USA
3 posted 2003-09-05 12:45 PM

Wow, helen, a keeper.

*speechless*

Instant karma's gonna get you.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2003-09-05 11:51 PM

I hate to hear you call yourself down in comparison to this character, because is it ever to late to change an action not carried out, that pertains to love?  I hope she does, and I hope you do as well.   I enjoyed this Helen.

Carpe' Diem
The Canuck, Sharon  

Zinsser
since 2001-02-27
Posts 1641
Calif.
5 posted 2003-09-06 11:04 AM

There was a time when things got to hard to be able to feed all thease areas in eachother... but.... I will never forget... never forget again... and never fear all the pain I risk in the giving..for fear of the pain in the regret of not

and neither should you

beautiful.... perfect

Endlessecho
since 2003-09-05
Posts 398
I live within myself
6 posted 2003-09-08 04:40 PM

What amazing sentiments!  Look how much you've learned!  
Darren
since 2003-09-30
Posts 30

7 posted 2003-10-04 12:37 PM

I WANT YOU! Is that wrong?  
MsSouthernOrchid
since 2003-07-12
Posts 192

8 posted 2003-10-13 12:11 PM

Ohhhh, how I wish I could write like this! It's wonderful.
merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
9 posted 2003-10-13 08:57 PM

I'm sorry I have to be honest. I think "Does she" would be better left out of this piece.
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
10 posted 2003-11-10 04:30 AM

you + words = me x happy

Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
11 posted 2003-11-10 04:46 AM

Dittoing Raphie
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Does She

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary