navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Love is Driving a Jeep
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Love is Driving a Jeep Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...

0 posted 2003-07-19 05:01 AM

The cars engine sat purring, as the light stayed red. It's inhabitant, a young man full of life, waited, oblivious and off in thought. Some music played in the background, which he unconsciously tapped his fingers on the steering wheel to. As his mind continued to work, in the corner of his eye he noticed a startlingly beautiful woman pull up next to him in a bright yellow jeep. His mouth slowly parted as he stared, transfixed.

He wasn't able to put it into words, but this woman was his liquid dream, his idealistic state of womanhood. His heart began to pound, his breath quickened. He became utterly aware of ever nuance of his body, whether it was his breath, his body odor, or if he had boxers on. He turned his music down, and looking up again, choked a quick breath in. Vision girl was pulling away, making a right turn on red. He couldn't let her get away, he couldn't lose her. It was unthinkable, inconceivable. Risking bodily injury, to him and his car, he forced his way over a lane, breaking a dozen or so laws in the process.

He thought to himself, "All's fair in love and...," ignoring the honks and hand movements.

Finally moving again, quickly getting up to speed, the young man frantically searched the road ahead for his vanishing love. He was beginning to panic, thinking to himself, "I...I can't lose her. Gotta talk to her, gotta talk to her, gotta say hello." He was now reduced to a mumbling, babbling love struck fool; a frightening though, considering he was behind the wheel of a vehicle.

Almost crying out in excitement, he spotted her a car length or so ahead of him. His vision became tunneled, and everything slowed down quite a bit, her hair flowing in the wind, her movements graceful, her essence beautiful.

As he watched, her jeep took a right turn and he followed suit, driving into a parking lot nearby. He wondered if she had yet to come to realize he'd been following her for several miles, and was the cause of the drool now drying on he shirt. Suddenly, while his thoughts were meandering so, she pulled into a parking space in front of a well known restaurant. Quickening finding a spot nearby, he exited his car and headed for her. She was leaning into her jeep getting something from inside. Her body luscious, her hair dancing on the whim of the wind.

Turning, she saw him walking toward her, and
smiled. His knees buckling, he managed a return smile. He no noticed she was in uniform

"Oh, okay," he thought to himself. "She must be heading for work."

As he walked up, she was closing her car door, looking even more beautiful close up. She smiled again, with a quizzical look in her eye. "Yes?" she asked. Damn his knees, damn them!

Looking down briefly, he sucked in a breath, scratched the back of his head, and dove in.

Moments later, he headed in with her. He realized he had been heading for work, but she wasn't on for a while, and damn it all, he was having a drink with her. "Things like this don't always happen, you know?" he thought to himself, smiling. The drink was looking to be a good one.

The End

[This message has been edited by PoetryIsLife (07-19-2003 02:23 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Daniel Redding - All Rights Reserved
PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
1 posted 2003-07-19 05:02 AM

I know this is different, and prepostrously romantic, but, I hope you like it. Any suggestions for improvement I would LOVE.

Peace, wellness, and all that...

~Titus

I am williing the sacrifice myself as a US Marine to protect the United States of America, now and in the future.

[This message has been edited by PoetryIsLife (07-19-2003 05:03 AM).]

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
2 posted 2003-07-19 01:28 PM

I loved the way this kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through. I just had to see what the outcome was. This was full of life. Liked very much, and it seems the drink was good, and all went well that meeting. Cool!!! Engaging, loved it!

SharaRose @-->--

Of sound, and speech let all lift the hearer!

PoetryIsLife
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
3 posted 2003-07-20 03:21 AM

Thank you.

~Titus

The few. The proud. The Marines.

Kielo
since 2002-02-11
Posts 1109

4 posted 2003-07-20 04:46 PM

*grin* Pardon my extreme un-romanticness, but I was expecting a lesson on dangerous driving..... lol.... but he lived!

In all seriousness, it was very good. You describe him very well.

Kielo

I'll never know the cost, but all of Him is more than enough for all of me....

Lexy
since 2003-01-28
Posts 1038
California
5 posted 2003-07-21 04:24 PM

Then what happens...? I want to know what happens next. This kept me on the edge of my seat, and perhaps a puddle of drool on my shirt as well. Thanks for this. You have talent.
~Lex...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Love is Driving a Jeep

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary