navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » smiles and scratches...
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic smiles and scratches... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium

0 posted 2003-06-30 09:31 AM

Each day begins with hope that enters the window accompanying rays of the soft morning sun. While the cool breeze that blows across brings with it, smiles and scratches that emanate from memory cells that sometimes feel like buried deep and not revivable.

Scratches. Darn memories, why do they haunt me so. Why can’t they just let me be? Why does failure of love have to be so tragic and so monotonously pathetic that everything including rejuvenated hope suddenly seems bleak and pointless; comparable to the candy set up on the sweet shop that the child can’t reach and with no one around to help.

I look for reasons; perhaps far too many of them are needed to convince me. Often it leads me to believe that I am not convincible, arrogant, haughty, proud, egotist and what not. Worse still, it leads me to believe that I deserved it.

What can I say, I fell off the bar mate.

Too much to drink. The drunken slob. Somebody throw that dog out.

And I waited and I waited and waited

The sun hit me hard. No. It was a baton, a sleazy solid piece of metal that was. There – right on my knee it fell and crack, believe me my knee cracked. I bled. I bled till the pavement was decorated in red.

Well, then one day it rained, mightily, and my landscape was cleaned; as easy as it gets.

And I waited and I waited and waited

For the rain.

But I deserved it.

When I was given the three grand wishes, I wished for love, good life with lifelong memories. I should have changed the last one to easily dry-cleanable memory cells instead.

Yes, all my fault.

And I still bleed, but there is nothing red flowing, only blue.

A slightly different shade than the sweet blue of the summer sky that brings a million glimpses of hope while the soft breeze blows little clouds as if painting sceneries on a blue canvas.

---------
...um...uh...

© Copyright 2003 Sudhir Iyer - All Rights Reserved
inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio
1 posted 2003-06-30 06:36 PM

Why does failure of love have to be so tragic and so monotonously pathetic that everything

is there an alternative tho?
good words and i never ventured in this place before, kept my interest..........keep the faith

Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
2 posted 2003-07-01 09:31 AM

thanks my friend, for coming by and leaving behind a kind note...

regards
sudhir

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » smiles and scratches...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary