navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dream of Judgment
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dream of Judgment Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ

0 posted 2003-06-13 10:54 PM

Hi everyone! I'm starting to post again! =) This was a dream I had a few days ago.

I opened my eyes, the bright like piercing through with every blink. I felt soft hands touching me, holding me up. I stood up and saw I was surrounded by angels, beautiful and pure. They smiled, but I could see there was a little sadness in them, like they felt sorry for me. The slowly left and I noticed I was in a very long line. Stretching to the ends of the skies did it extends. Everyone looked tense. Some were crying, and muttering prayers. It was then I remembered that... that I was dead. That's right. dead:
It was the time the great Tribulation. The massacres and prosecution of Christians and those who rejected the mark of the beast. I was separated from my family, and I never saw them again, because I was caught. Driven to a jail and I awaited my trial. I was asked if I wanted to take the mark and save myself. I was afraid, but I firmly said no. They, whoever they were, asked what was the point. I was a sinner, and even if I died for Christ, it would not be enough for my atonement. There was no gain. I knew they were right, but I remained strong in my choice. It may not be enough to get me to heaven, but at least I would have something, just one act of good for God, and that was enough. Knowing my last moments of life were for Him. I was sentenced to die. Guided to the guillotine and strapped. They waited a few moments, allowing me to say a quick prayer.
'Lord, I know I was a sinner, but please accept my last offering to you. I know my faith is weak, but take what little strength I have. I've always loved you, and I hope you love me too. Thank you the life you gave me. And now I give it back to you.'
And with that came the blade. I didn't scream. I didn't wimper. I just closed my eyes and told myself, 'you're free!'
And now here I am. This line, all these people, waiting for their judgment. It took a long time, but finally, an eternity later, it was my turn. I was brought to a place, surrounded by angels, and in the center was a book. An angel came and looked at the pages. Flicking through it slowly, he gave a frown when he reached the last page. My name was not there. The angels around me looked like they were about to cry. Another lost soul. Another lost sheep. I felt like crying too, but I had expected this. The angels came and began to lead me. Down to the gates of fire and brimstone. As we walked, I tried to ask if I could talk to someone first. Anyone. I wasn't ready yet. They looked amongst themselves and nodded. They led me to a small white room. There was was small stool and another angel standing in the center. They led me in and soon, it was just me and the angel.
"Why are you here?" he asked. I told him I wanted someone to talk to first before I was to go.. down there. He nodded and motioned for me to sit. "What do you wish to talk about?" I told him i wanted to talk about me. I began to tell him all of my troubles in the short life I had. All the pain and sadness. My lost hope, and feelings of loneliness. My sins, each and everyone, i confessed. All the bad thoughts i had, all the mean words i said, all the foolish acts i've done. It was then i cried, and he cried with me. I never knew that pain follows you, even through death it lingers. Sadness too. He came closer and gave me a hug. The first feeling of warmth and comfort since i was separated from my family. He said sadly it was time for me to go. I couldn't talk, for i knew if i did, i'd never stop crying. Instead i just stod up and left. It was then the greatest moment mmy soul has ever known happened. I saw Jesus walking with a crowd. Everyone was smiling and singing praises. It was then I saw my family, singing along with the others. They looked at me, and stopped. Theyblew me a kiss and slowly left, never taking their eyes off of me. My vision became blurry. Tears cloudinf my eyes. I then knew I would never see my family again. They would be spending their days in paradise. I felt alone again, but I also felt glad, glad that my family would be spending eternity in heaven, happiness beyond measure.
I began to run, past the angels and the line, toward the gates of hell. I stopped for a second. I didn't want to go in, i mean who does? But it was what i deserved. My judgment. Payment for my sins. It was then I felt soft hands touch my cheek. It was Jesus, so full of love and light, that I had to shield my eyes.
"My child, why did you stray from me?"
"Because... because i'm a sinner. I fall short of your mercy. I don't deserve your love."
"No man does, but i give it to them anyway. No one is righteous, but I still give everyone my blessings and grace."
"Yes... but now, it's too late. I'm so sorry, but i have to go now. Will... never mind."
"What is it my child?"
"Will you forget me? and the others who are in there?"
"Not a moment goes by where I do not think of my lost sheep. I wish that if I could, I'd give everything i had to bring into God's grace again. But, you have been judged according to your works, and -"
"And my works fell short. I know. At least.. at least i was able to see you, and that i was able to feel your love and your touch. Thank you." I knew then that I had been given a very special gift. I met Jesus, and felt his love wrap me tight. Hell did not seem so terrible, for i was loved by Jesus. Before I enteres he hugged me tight, and felt his tears drop on my shoulders. He said to stay strong and maybe, just maybe, I might recieve redemption. This sparked a new hope in me. I smiled at him and waved goodbye as i went deeper into the fiery bowels of Hell.
Like instinct i walked through it, and found an empty space. A large hot rock, and chains bolted in it. I sighed and placed the chains on my wrist and ankles. They burned and I screamed like I never have before. Soon, the river of fire began to swell. Like the many souls who have not been saved, I screamed in pain, unbearable pain. And heat. Torture like nothing else.
And this was how i spent eternity. Screaming and crying and wailing. I noticed that the river had waves. The pain growing tenfold as it smashed and pounded me. But when it receded, the heat and the burning lowered just a bit, enough to catch my breath and smile, remembering that Jesus still loves me. I also knew he had not forgotten, for once in a forever, the river would stop and angels would come and cool us with their soft touch. I knew that even if we were being punished, God still loves us, and doesn't want us to suffer. We brought this fate to ourselves. And like how we brought ourselves into damnation, we can bring ourselves into salvation. I felt that even if I was chained and screaming, I am on my way to redemption. Maybe one day God will see that I sometimes pray to him when I could stop myself from from screaming. And how I would try to sing praises when the waves of flame receded. I know I'll be free someday. God still loves me... Jesus still cares for me... and they are waiting for me to come home...

© Copyright 2003 George Salazar - All Rights Reserved
IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
1 posted 2003-06-16 04:47 PM

sorry, i just forgot to put this in my library
tonia
since 2003-06-13
Posts 41
taiwan
2 posted 2003-06-20 10:01 PM

although this was long, but I really enjoyed reading it, it became so interesting towards the middle. anyway, keep writing, good job!
tonia

IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
3 posted 2003-06-30 01:08 PM

Thanks for sticking all the way to the end of it, lollz.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dream of Judgment

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary