navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » lce: The Unspoken Question
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic lce: The Unspoken Question Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
laurie
since 2003-05-28
Posts 153
canada, ontario

0 posted 2003-06-01 01:52 AM

lce:The unspoken question,
Posted by
lorrie

Curling into a ball, she rolled onto her side, teeth clenched against the pain and fear invading her. N! She wouldn’t let it happen - she wouldn’t hurt her friends. Moaning, she closed her eyes, trying to block out the pain in her ebony wings, a single tear falling unnoticed and burning it’s way down her cheek. No one knew, or even cared, what she did - she was fallen, an angel no longer. Perhaps what they’d called her had finally become reality: lce, filling her soul, a bringer of death. So alone, she cried, unaware of the stranger standing over her. She’d pushed her friends, Rain and Darkness, away. Out of fear...

“Are you alright?” Voice gentle, the young woman stared down at the child like creature crying curled up on the floor. There was nothing remotely childlike about her reaction to her, though, the young woman realized, bending down to check the strange woman’s pulse. She still hand’t answered...
“l’m fine.” Choking back the tears, she glanced up, startled to see a young woman silhouetted by moonlight bending over her.

“Go away.” Shuddering, she curled tighter into a ball, wishing there were a way to end it all. But she’d already hurt so many people... she couldn’t do that to them. So she’d live, and she’d hurt. But she’d never know hope, or love. Or happiness.
She’s completely forgotten me. Wow, the younger woman thought, heart clenching when she saw the tears trekking down the child like creature’s face. She was anything but human, but beautiful, no, make that... cute, in an odd pixie-like way... or a faerie. Kneeling, she gathered the... fairy-woman into her arms and stood up, without asking for permission.

“No! Leave me alone.” Suddenly, the child-like creature, lce, knew her world was about to change, and began fighting, hard as she could.
“l’m sorry, but... l can’t...” the young woman’s voice trailed off, stunned herself. For all her youth - and she really wasn’t very old - she was possessed by a maturity that nearly drove her crazy sometimes. Something she had her father to thank for, she thought with a frown, looking down at the blond haired creature held in her arms.
“Let me go!” Eyes glowing, she twitched her wings, wincing when fire shot through her veins.
“Oh...” she moaned, face paling noticably.
“Shh... l’ll take care of you.” What am l saying? Hell - **** that! What am l doing? Panicked, the young woman sighed - the sound of the child-like creature’s tears was burned into her mind, and she could no more ignore them than she could the image of blood splattered, torn ebony wings. Both would stay with her forever.

“No! Please, just let me go!” Begging, the faerie creature twisted her body, agony arcing through her the moment she did so. Weakly, her head fell to the side, and she passed out.
“Shhh.” Knowing it was unnecessary, but whispering the words anyway, the young woman carried her unconscous burden out of the abandoned house, and minutes later they were at her place.

“Benny!” Calling her brother, she pushed open the door, glad for once that he was so different - he wouldn’t freak out when he realized exactly what she’d found.
“Yeah, sis, what’s -- holy **** .” Catching on quickly - he was psychic, after all - he opened the door to his sister’s room, laying
out a fresh blanket, and said “Bring her over here.”
Wordlessly, he watched her lower the... angel? (he knew more than his sister did,) to the bed, handing her a damp cloth.
“Thanks, Benny.” Blinking, she sat down and gently began wiping away the blood covering the woman’s arms, and looked at Benny. “l - l can take it from here, Ben.” Fairly certain he’d understand, she went back to cleaning the woman’s wounds, and sighed. What was going on?
"Alright, hon; be careful, and call me if you need anything.”

“Ohh...” Weakly, she tossed her head on the bed, trying not to cry out... her wings... oh, god. lt hurt so much!
“Hey.” Gentle, the young woman bent down, pulling the faerie woman into her arms - something was wrong with one of her wings. Wings?!
“ls your wings?” Careful, she ran her hands up and downthe woman’s arms, just to be sure it wasn’t something else.
“Yes. My wings. They’re... l can’t...” Gasping, she tried not to cry, knowing it would just make the pain worse, and allowed the young woman to support her, aware of only the pain.
“All right. Just close your eyes, and take a deep breath - my brothers going to help you. Benny!”
“Yeah, sis?” Frowning, he came in, head still wringing from the short blast of pain he’d felt when the angel - lce - had first woke up. And it hadn’t been physical, either - that, he could have handled.

“Her wings. Somethings wrong.” lt felt odd talking about someone having wings, but for some reason she knew they were tehre, and real.
“Just a sec.” Opening his mind, he allowed some of the pain to seep through, concentrating until he found the source.
“There it is.” Closing his mind again, he looked at his sister, and said “Hold her still - this is going to hurt.”
He leaned forward, and hands as gentle as possible, slowly stretched out the left wing.
“NO!” Crying out, lce squeezed her eyes shut, agony burning through her. Oh, god. lt hurt so much.
“Shh. Just a sec and it’ll all be over. l - l promise.” Trembling, the young woman watched Benny work, as he quickly wiped away the traces of blood and bound the left wing, hoping it would be over soon. The pain on her face was... agonizing to watch.
“Hurry, Benny. You’re hurting her.” She wiped the silver tears away with one hand, resisting the urge to cry herself as she watched the pain cross the other woman’s face.
“l know, sis. Just a little - ah, there we go.” Satisfied, he let the wing fold back into place, and stepped back.

“Will she be okay?” She looked down at the woman in her arms and frowned, gaze shifting to her wings. They must have been a good... six feet, she realized. But... faeries didn’t have six feet ebony wing s. Or was it blood red? lt was hard to tell, since the color kept changing.
“Benny, what... what is she?”
“She’s... she’s an angel, sis. They call her-” here he hesitated, because he knew his sister wouldn’t be happy to learn what the angel’s name was, and sighed. “They call her lce.”

“lce.” Stunned, she wiped the last of the tears off the woman’s face and lay her back down on the bed on her side, gently spreading her dark blond hair out on the pillow. Just then, she moaned, eyes opening weakly, and looked around.
“Let me go. Thank you, but please - just let me go. l have to go.”
l can’t! Not yet. Frowning down at her, the young woman drew a light blanket up, and spread it over the angel’s legs.
“Just get some sleep.” She’s in so much pain, the young woman thought, and realized it was more than physical.

“Get some sleep; we’ll talk later, l promise.” She looked at Benny, and he followed her out of the room without a word.
“ls she going to be okay?” Voice tenser than usual, the young woman closed her eyes, afraid to try and figure out the emotions clouding her mind. She’d never reacted this way to anyone before...
“Physically? Yes, l think so. Mentally, or emotionally? l don’t know.” Something was badly wrong with the angel, he thought grimly, remembering the fragmented thoughts he’d heard when he was inside the angel’s mind.
“Oh. But...” Theres nothing l can do for her. She looked in the open doorway at the woman lying on her bed, and sighed.
“Hey, sis. Do me a favor, will you? Be... be careful around her, alright?”
“l... l can’t, Benny. Whatevers going on, l can’t ignore the way she makes me.... never mind.” Her voice trailed off, but Benny caught what she was about to say anyway; she was his sister, after all. She was already starting to care.
“l know, hon.” He watched her walk back into the bedroom, and frowned, suddenly angry at what ‘they’d’ done to lce, and in a way, his sister. Was there anyway they could be happy? He knew she was already starting to care, in a Big way, but he alsoknew there was a good chance something bad was going to happen to lce. He walked back into the kitchen and sat down, head in his hands as he heard his sister’s voice float out to him.

“Do you want somethhing to drink?” She frowned and gave lce something to rest her head on, and looked around.
“Are you cold?”
“No. l’m... l’m fine.” Why can’t she just let me go? She doesn’t want me around, or at least, she wouldn’t if she knew what l did.
“Get some sleep then. You need the rest."

She watched her eyes flutter shut, and whispered into the mid- afternoon silence.
"l... please. Tell me what's going on. lt feels like... like l love her, or could, but... what's going on?" The angel's eyes stayed shut, breathing steady and even, and the young woman smiled. She was so beautiful... Something about her pulled at her...

"Stay with her. She's going to need you, in the time to come. There are some things even l can't heal. She needs the love of another. Be there for her, and be patient. You need her just as much." A silent voice echoed in her head, and the young oman - Dawn - blinked. What was that? God? She sat down on the bed, resting one hand lightly on to of lce's, and closed her eyes, praying to a god she'd rejected so long ago for strength.
"Ummm....." moaning restlessly, lce tossed her head, and tears shining in her eyes, Dawn lay down beside her, holding onto the angel's hand. Moments later, her eyes closed, and she fell asleep, a sense of peace she hadn't felt in so long overtaking her.
Watching from the doorway, Benny slipped in and covered them both with a sheet, and stood staring down at the woman his sister loved. Would they be strong enough to fight for each other, and find
love in the end?

l'll give this a real ending when l figure it
out for myself. for now, l guess the answer depends on your point of view. ls love possible for someone like her? lf you haven't guessed,
l'm both women, both sides of my rather messed up personality taking physical embodiments. the question is, do l have a reason to hope?
lol.
laurie.
ps, sorry if it's too long, if it is, someone tell me and l'll do it differently next time, maybe two posts or whatever... it is pretty long...

if life isn't what you want, view it throguh insanity's sheild, and you'll always have what you want...

l made that up:)

© Copyright 2003 lorretta - All Rights Reserved
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
1 posted 2003-06-01 09:59 AM

Yay you've posted it!! You already know I love it but what the hell I'll say it again: I love this!! I hope answers will be found and the story will have a happy ending  
Luv, Liz xxx

"Gorge the honey from life, and live through the stomach aches knowing they will pass..." ~Liz Pinard 2003~

[This message has been edited by ESP (06-01-2003 09:59 AM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » lce: The Unspoken Question

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary