navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I Like You A Lot...but
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Like You A Lot...but Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
quatro
since 2003-04-29
Posts 392
Galveston, Texas

0 posted 2003-05-22 02:20 AM

Okay, he’s gone back home and I can’t tell you how much it hurts.  We have just spent the most wonderful time together both emotionally and physically.  We can have the most intriguing conversations and make the most sensitive love.  We kiss each other as if we were lovers and we make love as if we were best friends.  Just to have him close to me and have his fingers trace every part of me, searching, wandering and caressing is the most romantic feeling there is.  I feel the warmth of his breath as he gently kisses my neck and goose bumps start to rise as the tiny hair on my body start to stand.  My stomach aches for him and I turn to return the caressing touches and soft, warm kisses.  Being with him makes me feel whole, I know I’ve said that before…so what do I know?  What makes this guy any more different from anyone else?  There’s only one…he lets me be me!!!  When we are apart, I count the days and hours until we are together and when we are together I try to forget the time and pray that it would never end.  When he does finally go and after we have made the most passionate love that either of us has ever known, I’m left feeling drained.  My body falls like a ton of bricks to my bed, my face in the pillow and I fall into deep unregretful and unimaginable sleep.  After hours of deep and drug-like slumber, I awake feeling like I’m missing something.  Could it be my heart?  Where did it go?  I know something’s missing because my chest feels empty.  I’m not sad because I don’t feel like I want to cry, but at the same time I have to wipe a tear from my face.  Where did that come from?  My thoughts go back to you.  

What can I say?  You have suddenly become my every breath and the blood in my veins.  I can’t live without either.  I imagine us we lay side by side in a tangled embrace, afraid to move because we might lose the moment.  Wanting to say three words that might change the whole relationship, yet afraid if I said them, nothing would change.  Now I really want to cry.

I’m being forced to make a decision that I don’t want to make.  Afraid of sounding like my past boyfriends who said they loved me, but saying it only made the relationship easier for them.  They would acknowledge that I was all they ever thought I was and more and that what they found in me they wished they had in her.  They wished I was their girl…actually, they wished “she” was more like me.

Anyway, this guy, this one big teddy bear of a guy, makes me feel like I’m home and that I was never lost.  I wonder does he feel the same way.  I guess not because he didn’t stay.  He had to go back to “HER”.  Does he feel just as confused and found all at the same time?  I know that when he turned to me and said good-bye, he had this look on his face that said, “I think I’m falling in love with you.”  I’m just so afraid that it’s gonna be…”I like you a lot, but…”

© Copyright 2003 Naome James - All Rights Reserved
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
1 posted 2003-05-22 07:10 PM

I really like this, clever twist at the end
Hugs, Liz xxx

"Gorge the honey from life, and live through the stomach aches knowing they will pass..." ~Liz Pinard 2003~

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2003-06-02 03:14 PM

It could go either way.  But...with someone else involved it doesn't look too good on the surface...James
quatro
since 2003-04-29
Posts 392
Galveston, Texas
3 posted 2003-06-03 03:24 PM

ESP,

Thanks for reading.

James,

Thanks for reading.  In regards to the relationship, it has since ended...in my favor.  We are not together and it was for the best.  I just can't help the feelings that this guy gave me and he will always have a special place in my heart, but he will never be a part of my life.

quatro

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I Like You A Lot...but

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary