navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Saga Of A Baby Tax Deduction
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Saga Of A Baby Tax Deduction Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Brenda Hall
since 2000-05-30
Posts 88
Texas,USA

0 posted 2003-05-09 07:16 PM

"Have you ever heard of a Baby Tax Deduction?" Neither did I,until I become one! I was born on December 31st. I came to be a Tax Deduction for my Parents. I wasn't due until January 7th.

"Hey!",it's the least I could do for my Parents, who brought me into this world through their love for each other. "Have I got a tale to tell you!" "Just grab your pacifier and hold on to your diaper." I am going to take you on a "wild ride", you will never forget. A trip seen through the eyes of a baby tax deduction!"

It was New Years Eve! I was ready to Celebrate the New Year, IN and the Old Year OUT. I was ready to leave these cramped quarters I lived in for 9 months. You couldn't even stretch your legs out, for heaven sakes! First I wanted to take a short nap!

On with the story! Well, I was trying to take a nap and I was rudely awakened with a loud, demanding voice, it was saying, "Push!" "Push!" I didn't know what was happening or where the voice was coming from or why!

I figured that was my coming out cue.so I figured I better give everyone something to cheer about, since Santa didn't leave me anything, because I was 'cooped' up in this dark and scary place.

I was in a deep trance thinking about my 'coming out'party, when the Doctor pulled me by my head, turned me upside down and slapped my bottom! He was grinning about all the ado! I was screaming and had a red butt!

I spoke loud and clear, I said, "Hey Doc!" "Why, did you treat me like that for?". He mumbled something, then went on his way, smiling.

Well, needless to say I was handled over and over again, but finally I was placed in my own bed. A little cramped, but at leat I could stretch my legs, all the way out!

"Wow!", I had a long 9 months, and I am exhausted, after all the excitement. My bottom feels a little better now. It is time to 'crash'. I took a look around the Tax Shelter (nursery), just to get a quick glance at all of the other baby tax deductions!

"Ha!" That one looks like he has been out, "painting the town Red', has droopy eyes and  he looks like he is about to pass out!" I wonder if he had a Designated Driver! "Oh!" "That was a good one!"

"So much for my philosophy!" "Well, folks, I am going to get a little shut-eye now, you know like sleep?" See ya later! (counting angels) "1 angel", "2 angels," "3 angles" "zzzz."

When morning came, I was sleeping so sound and wholesome and I was dreaming about angels, romping through the fluffy clouds in Heaven. Then all of a sudden, I was shaken into a rude awakening!

A huge and tall person standing over me, smiling at me. Can you imagine opening your eyes with someone staring down at you! "Ah-h!" "Good Grief!" "Give me a break!" Later that morning, I nicknamed that lady, that scared me? "Swish-Swish". Because, everytime she moved, her uniform goes "Swish-swish."

"Here we go!" Down the hall to meet my Mommy. I hope she likes me! Mommy held me close to her heart and laid me in her soft arms. I felt warm and secure. After a little while "Swish-Swish", came and took me back to the Tax Shelter.

The next morning I was 'wide-eyed' and 'bushy-tailed'. I was hungry and I wanted my breakfast! I was ready for some bacon, eggs, toast and coffee. But Swhish-Swish had other ideas. She brought me some white looking liquid, called 'formula' "Yuk!"

"Swish-Swish" told me that I was going to meet my Daddy today. I didn't remember much about him that first day, because there were so many people. I was a little nervous.

When we got to my Mommy's room, my Daddy was there waiting for me. My Mommy said,"This is your Daddy, and he loves you." I was so afraid he was going to drop me, but he held me very firmly, yet gentle. He gave me a 'wet' kiss right on my nose!

Well, I am getting tired now and I need to shorten this story a bit. we made it home and I met my big sister. I thought she was going to drop me..so I wet on her! I fixed her little 'red wagon'. Ha!

My Mommy told me that on the day I was born that it was raining 'cats and dogs' outside. "Boy!" I sure am glad I wasn't mixed up with those 'critters', but someone rescued me!

"Well, that was an experience that I will never forget, but I sure wouldn't want to return and go though that again. That "Swish-Swish", was a real character!"

I didn't like getting spanked and getting a 'red butt', but I guess that is life."Surprise, surprise, surprise!" "Life is like a box of chocolates!" "You never know what you are going to get next!"

"I hope all the other little Tax Deductions recieved as much love as I did. I hope they are happy little campers." "Well folks!" "It is shut-eye time again. It has been a long day!"

Friends and Relatives will be over tomorrow and I know they will 'oooh and ahhh' over me. I will probalby we sore, but I know it will be through kindness and love.

Here comes the angels floating around me and I am sure getting sleepy! Ya'll take care now! "Happy Tax Deductions" "1 angel", "2 angels", "3 angels" "zzz" (snoring).....THE END.....
By: Brenda Hall

[This message has been edited by Brenda Hall (05-10-2003 11:10 AM).]

© Copyright 2003 Brenda Hall - All Rights Reserved
Richy
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 3050

1 posted 2003-05-10 04:55 AM

What a cute little story Brenda!

That would especially be fun for younger children to read...

Have you written children's stories before?

Thanks for sharing your story Brenda...

Take Care,

Richy

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2003-05-16 10:05 AM

Very interesting perspective. Enjoyed it.

Marilyn.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Saga Of A Baby Tax Deduction

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary