navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Foolish Thoughts [Rant]
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Foolish Thoughts [Rant] Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ

0 posted 2003-04-26 12:46 PM

A hopeless romantic, I have often dreamed when I will meet my destined soulmate. We would meet by an unexpected glance, and we'd just stay transfixed, gazing into each other's eyes, peering deep into our souls. And our love would bloom from there, intertwining us, forging a bond stronger than diamonds. And how we'd spend our night just cuddled in the couch, wrapped in a soft blanket, I holding her close, and slowly taking in her perfection. Everyone has probably dreamed of that perfect lover. That destined lover for eternity. But alas, for me, those dreams will just be what they merely are, just dreams. I am cold and very distant. A bit anti-social, a loner. I am a misfit in society, and will never belong. With that, my chances of finding love, or even someone to like me, for that matter, is slim to none. I am definately no Prince Charming. I'm like a toad that spits out water to anyone who tries to come near.
Do you believe that everyone has a soulmate? Ever thought that there are some who are just destined to be alone? Not allowed to feel requited love. I do, and I've accepted that I will be one of those people wen I grow up. I mean, even now, love is so distant. All my "friends" at school keep dreaming about love. How dreamy that guy is or how hot that honey looked. Their biggest fear is not having a girlfriend for more than two weeks. All those teen hopes and fears...I do not have them. I dream of living a lonely life in some dreary suburb where I disappear from the face of the Earth. My biggest fear is having no one come to my funeral when I die. Love was not meant for me. I'll probably die without getting my first real kiss. Sigh...I can't even get my feelings out rite. This looks like a rant of foolish words. Nobody loves me, everybody hate me...i dont care and there are no more worms.
I already know I'm to grow lonely, but there is still that little part of me that wishes my fate could be different. That I would love and be loved, and my deepest dreams would be made reality. To whoever readin this, if you have aheart at all, don't laugh at what about to say next. I actually want to be with someone, but that fantasy is out of my reach. There will always be sum otha guy who can give much more than what i can. All I have is my loyal devotion to whoever actually wants to take the time and melt the icy barrier to my heart. I've put very high defences bcuzz my life is already painful, an I dunt wanna add a broken herat to the list. But if u manage to get through...my heart is yours forever. All I have shall be yours. All your needs I'll try to fulfill to my abilities. You can take my heart and crush it, and I will still love you, for you took my heart and it's now yours. So, if you think that I'm actually worth your time, walk a lil closer. Dig deep euff and you'll find I'm not as cold as people thought. That my heart beats too. And that I have this great pool of devoted love waiting to be laid at your feet. To whoever destined to be her, if any at all, i silently wait for you...

© Copyright 2003 George Salazar - All Rights Reserved
JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
1 posted 2003-04-26 02:06 AM

hmmm... how to say something without trivializing what you've wrote?  14 years is scarcely enough time to anticipate life and what it may hold for you.

Soulmates. That is a good question. Do we all have one? are some of us destined to be alone?  No, I think we are all matched to someone, however, some of us spend more time swatting at the flies of our existence and drive off those who would be ours.  If we talk of destiny, I would say we are all destined to meet our soulmate, what we do when that happens is entirely up to us.  If we develop a habit of shielding ourselves or driving off potential love... that is our fault.  

Opening ourselves to love, at every turn has sooooo many rewards, and almost as many hurts and dangers, but alas, that hurt is what makes the rewards sweeter.

okay, I'm rambling again...

Yesterday is ash, tomorrow is smoke; only today does the fire burn.
Nil Desperandum, Fata viem invenient

IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
2 posted 2003-04-26 02:49 AM

If you don't even feel familial (is dat even a word?) love, how can you think of having an intimate love with someone? The last time i said I love you to either of my parents was on Father's Day last year. And I haven't heard them say i love you to me at all. Life for me has already been determined by my parents. I'm to go to an academic high skool, get sum job, go to college, work until my parent's house is paid off, and then get a better job where I'll work like a drone until I'm 65. Love isn't in the blueprint i was given. As for the opportunities...it wont happen. I've nothing to offer and love...she can be such a lie. If i dunt get a job, my next choice is the cardboard box in Dwight St. either way i fade out of existence, and part of me wishes that, the logical one anyway. But a stubborn heart wants freedom, but it's asking something it can't handle.
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

3 posted 2003-04-26 06:37 PM

Well that's a lot of years to have so precisely planned out - and with a lot of gaps between...

When I was 16 I remember being in a panic because I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. Unlike yourself I had the freedom to do whatever I wanted - too much, in that I'd already left home and was on my own without any parental help or guidance.

Here I am at 28, currently working 9-5 after getting a couple of degrees, still trying to work out what I want to do with life.

I've had 'love' in buckets - I even used to believe in a soulmate. I say used to because I actually think that's it a tad ridiculous (not to knock your viewpoint at all) to think that out of 6 billion + people there's one perfect partner for all of us.

Given the western world's divorce rate I doubt it. Rather, I think that there are many people we can choose to spend our time with, and grow close to, and love. It's seriously a matter of chance, opportunity and ultimately - choice.

Also - you're 14. I guarantee two things - you will change, and you will grow. And in another 14 years you will likely find yourself quite surprised at what you're doing with yourself, and who you have been close to in your life.

For the record - I'm a bit of a loner too.

Loners can still love.

End of ramble..

K

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Foolish Thoughts [Rant]

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary