navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Ernest
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ernest Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
OLIAS
since 2000-06-20
Posts 1090
Pearl city Iowa

0 posted 2003-04-24 04:04 PM

Ernest

In this world of cutting edge business and high finance, I have to say with some modesty that I’m a real player. I try to keep my finger on the pulse at all times. After all if you don’t move you lose, and I’ve seen so many good companies fall by the wayside, so when I heard about e-commerce, email, networking etc, it seemed to fit right in with the way I have been running my business for years.
  So every morning I’m at my desk by 9.a.m to check my email and prioritize my clients, I have such a diverse clientele, from high roller C.E.O’s to waitresses, all demanding service yesterday.
But with my new e-commerce and distribution system I guarantee a 12-hour turn around from order to dispatch.
  You might think that managers and executives would be top priority, but my market research has proved that not to be the case. After all I am in the after-market footwear rejuvenation industry and figures prove that a waitress can go through three or four soles in a year. There isn’t much shoe leather worn sat behind a corporate desk for 8 hours a day. Now golf shoes are a different matter entirely.
So I guess your asking how this all works, in a business that’s not traditionally driven by technological innovation. Well let me give you an example. A guy walks in off the street last week, with a pair of loafers he wants resoling. So I give him a paper bag a strip of tape and a white card. Put the shoes in the bag, write your name, address, work you want doing and time you want to pick up on the card, stick the card on the bag using the tape provided and post it through the slot on the outside of the building marked email, e for Ernest. When you want to pick up, go around to the window marked e-distribution with one form of identification, and the girl will give you the goods. Simple!
Hell, e-commerce seems to have been made for me! Well its 5 p.m., time to close the office, that’s another boon of e-commerce whether the office is open or not those orders still keep pouring into my email. So now I’m off to Jody’s Bar to do a spot of networking. Remember be smart and use technology, be a mover not a loser.

© Copyright 2003 Mick Yates - All Rights Reserved
QjQ
Member Elite
since 2003-04-18
Posts 3756
U.S.A.
1 posted 2003-04-25 09:19 PM

a very interesting story, has very good points!!

"It matters not how you answer, It matters only if i hear you"

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2003-04-25 10:12 PM

You made me smile. Kuddos for your wit and your insight.
OLIAS
since 2000-06-20
Posts 1090
Pearl city Iowa
3 posted 2003-04-29 10:54 AM

QJQ:
Thank you for you kind reply I'm glad you enjoyed.

PdV:
Thanks for your reply, technology touches us all

Regards,
Olias.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Ernest

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary