navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The man with the mop
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The man with the mop Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
molly_the_dolly
since 2003-02-12
Posts 25
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2003-02-14 11:56 PM

The Man With The Mop

I walked out of the bathroom and was heading back to class, when I saw him. He had a mop in his hand and a bucket by his side. His huge lips were in the form of a smile, from ear to ear. He looked at me and winked his honey brown eye as if he was saying “hello”. He was a small man with a medium build, his potbelly hung over his black leather belt and it look as if his sky blue dress shirt was going to pop open at the bottom. He had small ears, a big nose, long arms and short legs, he was very unporpourtion. I could tell he was a happy man by his rosy chubby cheeks and his cute little bum chin. He wore black dress pants with an ironed crease all the way down to his warn out black dress shoes. He wore a gold wedding ring on his hairy fingers, and a gold watch on his hairy arms. He was a hairy man, his eyebrows were bushy and only ¼ an inch apart but the rest of his face was clean shaven. I could tell he was a hard worker; he had calluses on the inside of his hands, probably from the wooden handle of the mop. His shirt was buttoned up all the way and I could see a red line around his neck from his tight collar rubbing against him. He had short brown hair with gray highlights, shorter at the back then on the top. He had a smell to him mixed between hairspray and lemon pledge. It seemed as if when ever I saw him that’s what I could smell. Then he pulled his mop bucket down the hall walking slowly, I could still hear his shoes squeaking at the end of the hall. The bell rang; it was time to go home. I guess it’s just another day for him. I wonder if it bothers him that he goes unnoticed, that he’s just the guy that mops the floor?  

© Copyright 2003 Ms Amanda - All Rights Reserved
jjote
since 2002-12-25
Posts 1088
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2003-02-15 11:29 PM

very observant descriptive prose - the man comes alive in my mind.
Jason Lyle
since 2003-02-07
Posts 1438
With my darkling
2 posted 2003-02-20 12:19 PM

Good write,The janitor at my elemantry school,was much loved,I remember him more than any teacher.
George was loved by all us kids.
Jason

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2003-03-10 07:53 AM

Well looks like he's not unnoticed anymore...remember...someone has to mop the floor...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The man with the mop

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary