navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Never Forget
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Never Forget Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Wesley the Blue
since 1999-09-02
Posts 426
Forest Lake, MN, USA

0 posted 2003-02-13 12:17 PM

I was watching a TV show today, Third Watch.  It was an old episode, probably aired last spring.  If you havent watched the show its about the Fire Fighters and Police Officers of the 55th precinct of New York City.  The episode I saw tonight was about finding one of the fire fighters fathers, also a fire fighter, in the rubble at ground zero of the World Trade Center, after being missing for months.  After the funeral one of the fire fighters said that in a few weeks all the cleanup would be done and there would be nothing left to look for, that someday there would be a high school named after someone that died there, that there would be a park and a marble monument with names that seemed less and less like real people every day.  He said that all they could do was remember, because soon enough they would be the only ones that could.

I didnt know anyone that died that day, but I hope I alwyas remember.  And I hope that someday I make it to that monument to pay my respects to all the fire fighters, all the policemen, and all the others who perished that horrible day we all watched our televisions in shock.  I hope until the day I die that I never forget.

© Copyright 2003 Keith W. Mullin - All Rights Reserved
cupcake
since 2003-01-05
Posts 116

1 posted 2003-02-14 07:12 AM

I hope we all remember, we need to remember. Thank you for this nice write and gentle memory nudger.

I'm a reader - not a writer.

[This message has been edited by cupcake (02-14-2003 07:14 AM).]

SPIRIT
since 2002-12-29
Posts 1745
California Desert
2 posted 2003-02-14 09:30 PM

Thank you for this - lest we forget.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Never Forget

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary