navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Conversations with Susie
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Conversations with Susie Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden

0 posted 2003-02-07 10:46 AM

"I guess it's just common sense," she says, as she files heartache away between 'forgotten' and 'gone', "and if you looked pathetic up in the dictionary, you would see my picture." 

"That's not true," I protest, "Besides, it's not your fault he whored around."   She flops down on the bed beside me and sighs.

"Yeah, but I could have done something."  Susie flings her hair around, the blonde strands flying in the stale air, and I wonder why she cares so much.  

She's gorgeous.  You know the type, perfectly thin and proportionate, tall, blonde with blue eyes and dazzling smiles.  The type who make you wonder why they would ever want to hang around with you in the first place.

"No, Sus, you couldn't've.  Besides, you deserve way better than him in the first place."

She sighs again, loudly, picking at her nails to make them perfectly round.  

"Jamie, you don't understand.  He was perfect.  He was the one.  Besides, he was the only one who ever really loved me anyway."  She pulls her beautiful hair back in her hands and wraps a ponytail holder around it.  

I wish I could make her understand that she doesn't need that creep.  She doesn't deserve to be treated like that, and he doesn't deserve someone so wonderful.  

"I shouldn't have screwed up, Jamie," She says, "I shouldn't have made him mad at me.  I had it so good with him and I shouldn't have complained."

"Sus, HE had it good.  He never should have gone to that party in the first place.  He made the choice to go, he made the choice to drink, and it's his own fault that he woke up in bed with that girl."

"No, Jamie Lee," She says and I know that she's mad.  She's like my mom, when she's angry, she uses my middle name.

No Jamie Lee.  You don't understand. (I can tell you what she's going to say already.)  No, you could never understand.  You've never been there, Jamie, You've never been in his arms.  You've never seen the way he would look at me and I felt like I was the most important thing in the entire world to him.  Now that feelings gone, and I don't know what to do with my life.

She sighs, as if she's out of breath from saying all the things that she didn't say.  She didn't need to say them.  I already knew.

"Wie ein Quadrat in einem Kreis, eck' ich immer wieder an obwohl ich doch schon lange weiß, daß ich niemals ändern kann." ~Wizo

© Copyright 2003 Allysa - All Rights Reserved
jjote
since 2002-12-25
Posts 1088
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2003-02-08 09:27 PM

though it can be a time for "heartbreaks", going through the teen years is a learning experience. yeah, one can file these away as "gone", but no need to forget them.
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2003-02-20 07:17 AM

Enjoyed...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Conversations with Susie

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary