navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Saving Grace
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Saving Grace Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

0 posted 2003-01-22 02:12 PM

Grace stood in front of the mirror, and looked at herself. She knew youth was a thing of the past and the years of living had added a few pounds to her once thin frame, but still the woman she saw reflected back held curves that men could adore. It was not her practice to be vain or to stare at herself naked in the mirror. Today however she had known it was time.

She turned with her back facing the glass, then peered over her shoulder to see what she looked like from behind. It did not please her completely, but there was nothing she saw, that would not please the right man. She turned again and looked face to face at herself, then threw a robe on and reached for her coffee cup. Cold... damnit.

Slippers on feet, she walked to the kitchen and poured a new cup and carried back to her bedroom. "Today," she thought, "I am going to stay in here." Turning back the bed she folded the comforter neatly back, then the sheet and slipped off her robe and slippers and lay down.

It was not sleep she sought, but the comfort and time to think about what now and what was. Rare to have the opportunity to indulge herself and feeling a bit guilty at first, she succumbed to the desire and picked up a notebook and pen. The words were choppy at first and thoughts zig zagged from one to another but eventually she found a rhythm and the words ordered the thoughts. It poured as is in a summer thunderstorm. Thunderous emotions written out only to have a flash and feel another peal of thunder collapse the lines into some distilled version of her inner self.

Grace did not know when the tears began, or when they ended. She knew even less where they went after cried. She did not know when her eyes drifted closed and the dreams began. The same dream again, of him touching her with a gentle hold and speaking words she never remembered.

When she did wake up clean lined verse populated every page and she read over the things written.
Her heart revealed, she pulled the old tin box out from under her bed, and opened it with the key kept hidden under her drawer. With a sigh, the notebook went in and a notation made on its cover.
"Written this day of snow because I felt winter finally reach my heart"

© Copyright 2003 Cpat Hair - All Rights Reserved
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

1 posted 2003-01-22 03:39 PM

It was not sleep she sought, but the comfort and time to think about what now and what was. Rare to have the opportunity to indulge herself and feeling a bit guilty at first, she succumbed to the desire and picked up a notebook and pen. The words were choppy at first and thoughts zig zagged from one to another but eventually she found a rhythm and the words ordered the thoughts. It poured as is in a summer thunderstorm. Thunderous emotions written out only to have a flash and feel another peal of thunder collapse the lines into some distilled version of her inner self.

Grace did not know when the tears began, or when they ended. She knew even less where they went after cried. She did not know when her eyes drifted closed and the dreams began. The same dream again, of him touching her with a gentle hold and speaking words she never remembered.

================================

WELL NOW THE MOTH IS GIDDY !!!!
PROSE!!! You wrote Prose!!!!!
I love it...all the details of imagery and the characters personality that poetry doesnt  allow for...
and you already know the moth is greedy when giddy and will ask for more more more...
So...your new muse is named Grace?
Hmmmm..wonder if Iambe is jealous   

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

2 posted 2003-01-22 04:06 PM

JM... just because you have never seen it..doesn't mean I haven't written prose for quite some time ( laughing)

you crack me up... mothy you greedy... (laughing)  I think mothy you just likes ot make me feel good... (smiling)

Thanks for taking time to read..and for the VERY nice words...

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

3 posted 2003-01-22 04:22 PM

JM... just because you have never seen it..doesn't mean I haven't written prose for quite some time
================

OH...SO you CONFESS that you are holding out on us!!!!???!!!

*moth stomping around room*  lol

this WILL NOT DO....

ahem....need I remind you poet sir...
you are not so far away that I cant send mothy curses  LOL

If you got more...WE WANNA SEE!!!!!

Dont make me pull out the big moth guns  lmao
I'll get me moth posse on your trail

( if that dont inspire ya..nothing will.)

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

4 posted 2003-01-22 04:41 PM

well Jm... most of what I have written isn't fit for this forum...and most of the rest was written then deleted...just excersizes in story telling or telling of stories that needed to be let go...

guess if you are going to send a mob after me..I better get saddled up and head out across the plains..at lest I'll have a head start... (chuckling)

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

5 posted 2003-01-22 04:47 PM

ROFL....

wooooo hooooo---you can send the "unfit for the forums" ones to me in Email     lmao...
as for hitting the trail ahead of us....dont even try it...I got Jake and Iambe ahead of the trail just waiting fer ya.

moths are always prepared  lol

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2003-01-22 04:51 PM

Gads, if a non-moth can get two rays in....

First,

what JM said.  All of it.

Second,

in which life did you encase the more feminine side to know just how Grace would see herself, feel the guilt of crawling back under her comforter, and know the burn of her tears?  Or are you just an avid reader of people?  Oh...all of the above?

As far as this reeking with emotion?  You nailed it.  You stretched it out like a fine deer skin pelt and honed the dry away, leaving nothing but the soft texture of the skin behind...

More prose, Sir.  Whenever, wherever, just More...

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

7 posted 2003-01-22 04:54 PM

funny you should mention her... someone else asked about her today as well..
Jake... jake would let me pass... he's not the kind to keep a man from running. He's been doing it since day one himself.

Iambe... she would let me go. She would have no use or interest in reading the drivel I write and not understand the big deal. She might make me buy her a cold one and then remind me that since I don't dance... I'm not much good to her.

(smiling)

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

8 posted 2003-01-22 04:59 PM

Ms Sunshine.... prose is a funny thing. It so often seems too wordy and flat when I scribble it down...and I know the essence of it is a poem or what I write and call poetry, so it is hard not to just chuck the story into a 'poem" and forget the longer version, which is why most end up deleted.

making up stories is easy....finding a reason to make up a story a bit harder... it take a bit of inspiration I guess to make a story more important than just the essence of one..

thanks for the ray or two... appreciated.

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

9 posted 2003-01-22 05:00 PM

gonna make a moth beg are ya

Ok.. a moth knows when to quit (not) LOL

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
10 posted 2003-01-22 05:06 PM

Ron--You see into the human female heart in this...and write it as if you were her.  Not easy to do for a man...I'm impressed!  
Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

11 posted 2003-01-22 05:10 PM

Now Martie... I only report what I see or have seen and or been told... ( smiling)
Not easy is a matter of not hearing what has been said to you over time...

thanks for the drop in..and the nice words..

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
12 posted 2003-01-22 05:32 PM

Martie, ignore him.  He really was a woman in another life, I'd swear on the Bible...

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

13 posted 2003-01-22 05:35 PM

Ms Sunshine.... now you want to go tell everyone my secrets? (laughing)
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
14 posted 2003-01-22 09:34 PM

You're letting them out, yourself word by word...

and it's quite...engaging.

The truth must be, that every writer has lived another life, or several, and that is why they need the outlet of writing...

sorry for the serious...for I feel sometimes and specifically through your poetry, that you would be acclaimed, if not more...were you to pursue the art...

so be it.

I curtsey to the master...and will continue to read, to learn...

and to applaud.

Duncan
Member Ascendant
since 2001-08-07
Posts 5455

15 posted 2003-01-22 10:57 PM

Well, if JM's done with her tantrum...lol.

Enjoyed the story and this..

'prose is a funny thing. It so often seems too wordy and flat when I scribble it down...and I know the essence of it is a poem or what I write and call poetry, so it is hard not to just chuck the story into a 'poem" and forget the longer version, which is why most end up deleted.'

I've been trying some prose lately and that's exactly how it seems, the essence of it is a poem.    
Enjoyed the story Ron.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Saving Grace

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary