navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » dribble
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic dribble Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz

0 posted 2002-12-15 01:24 AM

I felt weak.  My body still recovering from it’s first brush with death,  my mind trying to cope with the realization that I, a very average, overly plain fourteen year old child had just been committed to a lock-down psychiatric ward.  I never saw that one coming.  

I figured that if survival became reality I would quickly be patched up and sent home with a pass out of gym class.  And as if living wasn’t enough of a disappointment, there I was, stuck underneath those horrible fluorescent lights in a room with both parents, some strange doctor and a handful of other ‘professionals’ while I hid behind a wall of my own hair.  Long hair definitely came in handy during what would eventually be referred to only as ‘meetings’.  The doctors would take note of the physical wall I created, inquire time and time again, and having still not received an answer, turn it into a joke.

I never said anything during those countless meetings.  They all pretty much blurred together and I just sat back [knees up, arms hugging my battered legs] letting my confused little mind wander.  There was no way I could let them see the detached, uncontrollable smile plastered across my face.

[[i know, definitely not the best piece of work, i must admit that.  but i just felt like posting it for opinions and thoughts on more the subject matter rather than the quality or writing.]]

/jen/

'i don't care if it hurts, i want to have control.  i want a perfect body, i want a perfect soul.'  [radiohead]

[This message has been edited by quietlydying (12-15-2002 01:46 AM).]

© Copyright 2002 jennifer elizabeth - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2002-12-15 01:44 AM

Jen,
I like it. Between my own adolescent depression and my extensive experience working with teens...it is too real for too many. I think it is an excellent piece.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Jaime
Registered
Posts 250

2 posted 2002-12-15 05:55 PM

I've never had the pleasure of being locked up in a nut house. Simply because...I'm the girl nobody notices. Mental diseases are so funny.  

Sometimes I just think those places make you worse.

Life is where you look for it.

[This message has been edited by Jaime (12-15-2002 05:57 PM).]

Kielo
since 2002-02-11
Posts 1109

3 posted 2002-12-16 02:02 PM

Memories should die.

Thanks for reminding me. Honestly. I need to think sometimes.

Kielo

I know only one thing, and that thing is that I know nothing.

Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
4 posted 2002-12-19 01:54 PM

I've never been in one of those situations before... not because I'm the kid nobody notices, but because all the time I was growing up, my parents always conceded to my knowledge.  I could come home with marijuana and get off by telling them, it's okay, there's nothing wrong with marijuana... and they wouldn't argue...

So, I was never considered ill... in fact I was considered the authority on most topics.  Weird how that works.

And even though you say this isn't written for quality, I really wish it was.  I'd like to see a poem of this, 'cause you know how I admire your ability to self-isolate and narrate...

Brian

It's amazing the effect ice can have on the world.
~Allysa

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

5 posted 2002-12-19 06:11 PM

(whispers) "Seven days."

*click*

quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz
6 posted 2002-12-20 11:51 AM

::gasps::  who told you?!

well, we both survived.

/jen/

'i don't care if it hurts, i want to have control.  i want a perfect body, i want a perfect soul.'  [radiohead]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » dribble

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary