navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Secret Lines
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Secret Lines Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace

0 posted 2002-09-14 02:31 PM

Secret Lines

In my silence, I kept your secrets. I kept them all. Even the ones I didn’t like and made me uncomfortable. I rolled them over and over in my mind like caramel. Memorizing each one. Sticking to places unrelenting. Some struck me as paralyzing steps. The line I shouldn’t cross. The one you had drawn. The one in the sand. In temptation you coaxed me over. Were you testing my courage? Courage is rock and is stable. I did step over that line. Straddling both with a foot on each side, to steady myself. And once I did, a terrible wind blew and the line was lost forever. And in my silence, I have your secrets.

I’m not disappointed,  I never expected anything from you.

© Copyright 2002 Helen Chambers - All Rights Reserved
sunrise2227
since 2002-09-13
Posts 13
Ohio, USA, Keep the Faith
1 posted 2002-09-14 07:07 PM

This is amazing to me.  I've never experienced prose writing.  I've enjoyed yours very much.  Thanks for sharing.

Donna-Maria Jones

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
2 posted 2002-09-19 08:21 AM

wonderful imagery of secrets kept by silence.
Kethry

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz
3 posted 2002-10-10 07:35 PM

this is a wonderful piece.  i'm just really not sure what to say about it.  i'm having a little trouble with my words today.  where you just have so much to say, but there are no words at your disposal.

but i must say i love the line:

I rolled them over and over in my mind like caramel.

you did a great job making secrets so visual.

/jen/

i just haven't been the same since that house fell on my sister.

[the closest thing i've found to heaven is sitting here talking to you.bif naked]

RSWells
Member Elite
since 2001-06-17
Posts 2533

4 posted 2002-10-10 10:29 PM

Shows you can be trusted. (wink)
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Secret Lines

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary