navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Tabby Moon (6 of 8)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tabby Moon (6 of 8) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Anvrill
since 2002-06-21
Posts 710
in the interzone now

0 posted 2002-08-14 09:14 AM

Tabby Moon (6 of 8)

It was late enough for me to be watching the moon and the stars before Tabitha came back. There weren’t any clouds in the sky this time, except for the ones that gave the near-full moon a halo. It was still so large and bright.

She came through the door laughing, and pulled someone in behind her. “Neilster! This is god.” She bowed to the guy--to Seth--then turned to me to see if I approved.

Seth was tall. He had thick, long, straight blonde hair. He had on sunglasses, and had about four chains attached to his belt loops. He also had a chain attaching a nose-ring to an earring. Definitely Tabby’s kind of guy (except for the blonde bit).

“So what do you think? Is he perfect, or is he perfect?” Tabby threw her arms around him.

“Hi.” I left the couch and the window behind.

“Hey.” Seth sounded bored. He was probably wondering what he’d gotten himself into; anybody with a brother as normal as me had to have their own little normal streak.

“Neil’s cool, Seth-man. Believe me. His straightness is a little hard to get into, but he’s fine with all the crap I’m into.”

He seemed to relax. “Tabby’s talked about you a lot.”

“All that she’d say about you is that you were god.” I smirked.

“Be nice, Neil.” Tabby gave me a nasty look.

“Sorry, you caught me in a down time.” I shook my head, trying to clear whatever thoughts I was having away.

“Hey, you okay?” Tabby left Seth’s side. He narrowed his eyes, but said nothing.

“Mom’s calling for a divorce. Before she does that, she’s getting you a psychiatrist.”

“Screw me harder,” she muttered. It was her own way of saying ‘screw it.’ She used both phrases; ‘screw me harder’ popped up when she was most upset.

“Your stepmom’s a bitch, Tabitha. That’s your favorite thing to talk about; her bitch factor. Don’t worry about this. You’re 21, anyway. You can do whatever the hell you want.” Seth massaged her shoulders. I expected her to pull away--the Tabby I knew would--but she leaned back into it. It was scary to think that she might need comfort. She was the strong one.

“You okay with this, Neil?” I took her a while to say that.

“I’m not sure. I don’t really like her, but I’ve had Mom around 18 years. It’ll be ... weird without her.”

“Yeah, you can even get used to bitches. I’ve had her around for 18 years too, Bro.” She headed into the living room and went to the window I’d abandoned. She watched the moon. “Only ‘bout a half month before that sucker disappears.”

Seth looked out at the moon too. “What’d you do on the night of the solstice?”

Tabby pulled back from the window. She glanced back at me. “I think we both flew, didn’t we, Neilster?”

I nodded, silent.

“That’s always fun.” The way his eyes were focused on the halo of the moon, I think he understood what she was saying.

“Unfortunately, I landed myself in the hospital.” She laughed.

He glanced back at her. “Thought you needed help flying?”

She nodded. “Didn’t think I could find freedom like that without outside help. So I took the outside help.”

I didn’t want to hear any more of this, because it was already hard enough to work out in my head. “Tabby, I’m going. Have fun with your boyfriend.”

She waved. “Have fun with your books, straight-man.”

impress me, or be discarded

mpc

[This message has been edited by Anvrill (08-14-2002 09:19 AM).]

© Copyright 2002 LL Hager - All Rights Reserved
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
1 posted 2002-08-14 10:26 AM

sounds like he flew too, did he?
Keth

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Tabby Moon (6 of 8)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary