navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I know how to ruin a good day
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic I know how to ruin a good day Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesBowie
since 2000-11-25
Posts 252
big old Bangor Maine up by the shack

0 posted 2002-05-19 11:30 PM

I slowly turn and cast about for the angry insectile noise that is consistently buzzing and buzzing like it is a fly trapped against a pane of glass that is to stupid to realize that it keeps hitting something in front of it but it's mind registers as little as a teenage bimbo who knows only how to swing her hips and drop pencils accidentally on purpose in order to attract the air sniffing jocks clustered around her like turkey vultures settling down on a hulking elephant carcass as they turn to pick their pieces of meat which hang down in between the bone white ribs. (OOHH IICC) As I get up to check the buzzing sound I am distracted by a foul feeling stain that I have now just placed my foot in, in my bare feet I quickly realize that I forgot to let my dog out last night and in his twisted vile little mind he has enacted his revenge by diligently placing his anus over a spot where he knew I would walk and then defecating deliberately at a time when I was distracted and could not notice his hunkered up body straining out another digested meal. I go to the kitchen hopping on one foot so as not do spread the buttery feeling refuse. I stick my foot into the sink and realize that I did not see that fragile glass which was skulking around in the corner of the sink while it's jabberwocky like eyes(it did to have eyes) seemed to gleam as it prepared to give it's life in one glorious moment while fracturing into a long sharp shard that deeply delved into my heel as I pressed my foot indelicately down into the what I thought was an empty clean sink. I picked the glass out of my foot, cleaned the poop of my foot and bandaged the cut. As I limped back into the living room I saw the fly on the squished turd and decided to let him clean it up while I went to bed because I obviously could not take care of myself or be near anyone on this self destructive day.

© Copyright 2002 James Bowie - All Rights Reserved
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
1 posted 2002-05-20 09:23 AM

Boy, on days like that you should get out of bed on the other side, only with your luck you have a bed that's against the wall. I was "ewwwing" and laughing at the same time while reading your story.
Kethry

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2002-05-20 10:11 AM

Just think - The day can ONLY get better from there...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I know how to ruin a good day

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary