navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » CT - How I chose my Forum name...
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic CT - How I chose my Forum name... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN

0 posted 1999-09-04 01:52 AM

The Dusk Treader.. not an incredible inventive name really, but I thought it fit. I walk a thin line between depression and happiness, night and day if you will, and it just seems right to me that I was the Dusk Treader, as the dusk would be that line, seeing both night and day at once.

Just on a little side note, in the Chronicles of Narnia there is a ship with the name of "Dawn Treader"

------------------
"I'm down in a hole, and I don't know if I can be saved. See my heart? I've decorated it like a grave." - Alice in Chains

© Copyright 1999 Abrahm Simons - All Rights Reserved
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

1 posted 1999-09-04 10:42 AM

I am well accquainted with the Voyage of the Dawn Treader and all the Chronicles.

------------------
Life is pain is poetry, at least I'll be productive.
DreamEvil©

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 1999-09-04 02:50 PM

I figured out that you were treading on the dusk......now I get the whole story! Thanks for sharing it!

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
3 posted 1999-09-05 01:49 AM

Ah yes, I guessed why you may have chosen this name, my friend. And it seems I was correct. It's fitting for you, although I wish you'd tread in the light more often, dearie.

------------------
*Krista Knutson*

Mockery is a form of ignorance; silence, a form of wisdom. -- Daniel L. Miller

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

4 posted 1999-09-05 09:42 PM

Wonderful expression! We all tread that line, I think - and the Narnia chronicles are the greatest!
Word Weaver
since 2011-03-06
Posts 437
California, USA
5 posted 2011-04-15 01:10 PM

I've walked that line most of my life. I can't imagine being "up" all of the time. It would be boring and to be down all of the time would be pure hell.

You chose your user name well and you're a fantastic writer.

Namaste,
Marcia

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » CT - How I chose my Forum name...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary