navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » From the Soddy, a piece of Journal
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic From the Soddy, a piece of Journal Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart

0 posted 2002-02-24 11:26 AM

From the Soddy, a piece of Journal

I wonder what it would be like, to live in the East again.  To hear the horses’ hooves on the brick roads, to not see the dust rise against the purple skies, nor to hear the whippoorwill sing.  The roofs would hold the pigeons and their silvered shimmering wings, yes, but would I miss the hawk’s solitary flight, and determined dive?  Would I know the peace of smoke in the air coming from chimneys of neighbors, and never fear again smoke in the air because of a lightening bolt’s strike?

He must never know these thoughts, but they are thus, when he is gone from me.  His need to go to town to provision us is adamant, for the coming snows, but I miss him so.  When he is here, I do not think of going east, nor of the family other than what is right here, before me now, my children, himself, our home.  However, when he is gone,

I wonder at the call of the sea again, the salty air that I miss so much, the cry of the gull that calls me home.  Divided, I am, between the stare of a deer’s eye, speaking to my soul, and the warmth of my own mother’s hug, which is never replaced by any man.  Nor child.  For I am the mother then, and it is not the same, for I was not done learning how to be a woman, even though I thought I had all answers beneath my fingertips, when they lay in his hand…

But he makes me feel complete when he is beside me, when he comes home from his travels, when the children are abed, the candle’s light is flickering low, and the embers are redding gold, when he takes me up, and holds me whole again…

It is then, that I do not hear the call of the sea, nor of the east, for I am where I belong.

© Copyright 2002 Karilea Rilling Jungel - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2002-02-24 12:20 PM

"I wonder at the call of the sea again, the salty air that I miss so much, the cry of the gull that calls me home.  Divided, I am, between the stare of a deer’s eye, speaking to my soul,"

this speaks to my soul.....this is something I do quite often....feel quite often...

I LOVE the Soddy series

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2002-02-24 12:27 PM

Susan, I promise...they shall continue...you can take it to the bank...

amusemi
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1262
A State of Disarray
3 posted 2002-02-24 01:45 PM

Wonderful read...I shall anxiously await more!!

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

4 posted 2002-02-24 03:13 PM

for I was not done learning how to be a woman, even though I thought I had all answers beneath my fingertips, when they lay in his hand
====================================

thy pen tis dipped in times gone by ..and you take us along for the ride with the imagery and emote.

One installment of Soddy tis not nearly enough.....
shall I beg on mothed knee?

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2002-02-24 04:20 PM

Thank you amusemi...I have poetry regarding the Soddy as well...

no need to get on the knee, mothy-one...the well is running, as is the spring...

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
6 posted 2002-02-24 05:16 PM

Karilea

I love this...the way you speak sounds of time gone by, the heart love, such true feelings, beautifully spoken. (I say spoken because I heard them..without reading a word)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » From the Soddy, a piece of Journal

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary