navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Alone in Dreams
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Alone in Dreams Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
aries_luv_ppl
since 2001-09-20
Posts 1448
Universal Mind

0 posted 2002-01-07 01:39 PM

Ring...ring...Tolling sound travelled with the wind to my ears and face. Downtown was crowded with parties and wine, but I had no share of them. Counting the twelve strike of clock, I watched the clock's hands put together like the couple cuddling on the beach at midnight visiting the wind. I filled a glass of champagne and toasted my reflection with a grin.

My abode was small but tidy with pink color at the background, giving a kind of warmth which seemed to be near yet aloof. The ceiling was white with black dots gathered like dark clouds tingeing the night moon. In the middle of the livingroom, there was a skylight above my beloved massage chair which was quietly laid before the television. When the night was clear I could see the gods and goddess chatting and dancing by the moon; when then night was blurred, I could only see an image of myself on the skylight.

Tonight though the moon was out, I could not hear tete-a-tete of stars nor the music of dancing. The couches were soft as they could be but I could not fall asleep. The mind was stirred with uneasiness- the water was bitter as I drank. I put on some music but it did not calm my pulse. So I sang hymns yet I could not feel the words. I hit the keys and notes yet the sound seemed strange to my ears. My world inside seemed to be corrupted: the ships sank, mountains collasped, the trees fianted, oxygen's out- everything got overthrown. My heart sored as though I had a toothache; my heart pained as though hammer dropped on my feet from heaven above. Turkey tasted like bile as if its meat rotted. The milk was sour as tomato could be. My blood clotted and locked all the happiness away from from my windows. Tears rushed against my eyes yet I held them within to let the silence rekindling my better spirit.

When I laid on my couches again, I lit some candles which set the mood for my sleep. The second time I went to bed, I was filled with peace. As I laid my head down I wondered," Would I dream of you tonight? I have been thinking of you."

Eliza Simmons
~Flower lasts so an hour, yet spring will brings her back to life again.

[This message has been edited by aries_luv_ppl (01-07-2002 01:41 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Eliza Simmons - All Rights Reserved
A Tone of Voice
since 2001-07-18
Posts 287

1 posted 2002-01-07 02:34 PM

I really like this, it's unique, your descriptions and images, it's as if I can see as well as feel the visions of your soul.  Very nicely done.

Atov

LngJhnAg
Member Elite
since 1999-07-23
Posts 3508
Boot+Kitty=Poetry in motion
2 posted 2002-01-08 10:46 AM

A very well written story of sadness and depression, Eliza.
Solstice Son
since 2000-09-19
Posts 469

3 posted 2002-01-10 01:21 PM

Excellent work!!..truely....wow....loved it!!

Sol

" The question shouldn't be...'Why are we here?' but rather 'ARE we here? "

Leonard Nimoy

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

4 posted 2002-01-11 10:40 PM

Hm...  If you are indeed a beginner, I am very much surprised.  You have a good ability to combine emotion with the external world.  I love the way you talk about the contrast between when the night is clear and when it is not.  

On the whole, great work.

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"

-- Magus

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Alone in Dreams

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary