navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » #2 A Room Revisited With A Sinking Feeling
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic #2 A Room Revisited With A Sinking Feeling Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LoveLetters
since 2001-10-09
Posts 35
State of Hope

0 posted 2001-10-10 10:05 PM

Tonight the demons of hopelessness race for my heart again, but I have snatched it back in time for it to remain safe. Where will I go when I am filled with the angst of being the one who has always craved too much love? Am I the attention seeker ten thousand times over who never could get enough of the drink of desire? This place remains a solitary room where I can go to bash the moments of my heart into oblivion. I ramble, and from one sentence to the next who knows what sense I will or will not make. I only know I dream of him..the one in my dreams and in my mind for days now. I feel washed upon some shore where I thought I was rescued from already, and I have this panicky feeling of lost cause. How many times can I scream before he walks away in digust, coloring me and branding me as the desperate lover who always needs to be held too long? That was always my problem. I was always needing a little more time, and ohh how i wished that time would have turned into forever. I wished that I really could make the world fade just one more time. There was an ever present need to be held close and reassured that I would never never be lonely. Now, I am alone by my own doing while I long for someone to skip across the sands of life with like I used to in the days of roaming youth. I cannot touch the subject effectively enough with mere words. There are days when this feeling overcomes my soul, and I am cast into a dying land of hope. There are no flowers beginning like springtime seasons. There are no blooms to whisper across with my nose to seek their fragrance. There is death here. There is a slow ache of lonliness and longing that grips my throat, and I am choking again. I always did like pain with my pleasure, but this....is nothing but pain. This..is not fun anymore. Please get me out of this room.

Lonely lonely,

LoveLetters

Love has many masks. I am but one of them.

© Copyright 2001 LoveLetters - All Rights Reserved
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
1 posted 2001-10-13 06:34 PM

*sigh* I wept tears reading this letter. My heart goes out to the character. Very touching and very real.

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
2 posted 2001-10-13 09:47 PM

very moving letter....I hope that you can
escape.  and grow...and experience love.

Alan
since 2000-09-12
Posts 1499
right next door
3 posted 2001-10-16 11:58 PM

This is a sad read. I did enjoy the way you wrote it, Well done
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » #2 A Room Revisited With A Sinking Feeling

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary