navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Short Story-Do teeth have Babies Too?
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Short Story-Do teeth have Babies Too? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mykels_Angel
since 2001-06-25
Posts 38
australia

0 posted 2001-10-09 04:09 AM

hi guys im back!

did u all miss me???????
YES YES YES!
awwwww your all so sweet
well i'll get to the point..............( found this in my old school book)

Sally was furious! She glared at her reflection in the bathroom mirror.
"Yerk, how ugly," she thought sadly to herself, "and on my birthday too."
She looked again at the big gap in the line of even, white teeth that grinned back at her.
Where could it have gone? She knew that when she went to sleep last night she had a fine, full set of teeth looking forward to chewing on today's creamy birthday cake.
Now there was just a great, gaping hole where the tooth used to be.
"I'll find it before anyone else wakes up," she decided. "That way I can just put it back in and I won't get into trouble for losing it."
Sally softly walked to her grandfather's room, which she thought, was a good starting place for her search.
Very quietly she opened his bedroom door.
"Ooorgh," snored granddad. "Snink ... auggg ... brhhh," he went on noisily.
Sally didn't really need to but she crept carefully towards his bed and the collection of bits and pieces she could see on his bedside table. Her eyes passed quickly over a book called 'Hamburgers I Have Enjoyed', a half eaten packet of peppermint Lifesavers, a pair of glasses with one broken arm fixed with sticky tape, a battered old radio and there... grinning back at her from inside a glass of water ... her missing tooth!
"But wait a minute," Sally remembered as she felt the gap with her tongue, "I only lost one tooth and there's a whole row of them here. They must have had babies in the night.
"Snxxx," said granddad and, "Brglng," he continued, his eyes still tightly closed but his mouth wide open to show his bare gums shining in the dim light.
Sally put granddad’s teeth in the pocket of her old dressing gown and crept silently down the hall to her mum and dad's room. She usually loved jumping into bed with them in the mornings but she knew it was just a bit early today even if it was her 4th birthday. And she did have more important things to do ... like putting her tooth back before mum and dad awoke.
"Now I'll just get the glue from mum's drawer," thought Sally, but as her hand reached in to the drawer it brushed against something that felt very familiar.
What was this? Her tooth - but she'd already found that even though it now had brothers and sisters.
She looked at what she now had in her hand. Somehow the missing tooth had not only grown more of itself in granddad’s room but it had done the same thing in mum's drawer. And not only that, it had attached itself and it's new family onto a piece of bent wire.
"Well, this is great!" Sally thought happily. "I can not only put my own tooth back but I can share the new teeth with Baby Donald who has none, and also give the leftovers to poor Rover. Since his fell out when he was sick last year he hasn't been able to chew on bones like he loves to."
Granddad’s false teeth and mum's plate and the super glue rattled together in her pocket as she went down the hall to the small bedroom where Baby Donald gurgled quietly to himself.
He looked up at her from his cot and waved his chubby arms in excitement as he caught sight of Sally.
"Goo ... gah," he gurgled, his little toothless mouth laughing happily at his big sister.
"Donald, I have just what you need," Sally told him as she brought granddad’s teeth out of her pocket.
"When you're fixed up we'll help Rover and last of all me!" she went on as she carefully unscrewed the cap of the super glue...

© Copyright 2001 Sarah Alford - All Rights Reserved
stace_co2003
since 2001-03-30
Posts 497
In a dream world
1 posted 2001-10-09 05:45 PM

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

omg! that was good, lol. that is the CUTEST short story I've read in a LONG TIME!! thank you oh soo much for posting that!!

I'm not as drunk as some tinkle peed I am!

Don't frown, you never know who is falling in love with your smile. :)

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

2 posted 2001-10-09 11:40 PM

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Short Story-Do teeth have Babies Too?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary