navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » a temporary void
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic a temporary void Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Joie de Vivre
since 2001-09-29
Posts 21
USA

0 posted 2001-09-30 12:29 PM

Once, in a millions years from now, the world will begin as a temporary void.  Colours will disappear, shapes will shift to form unimaginable curiosities, and beauty will have a new name and definition.  These dreams we seek will become the future endeavors of what is no longer mankind.  A new technology will emerge to improve the quality of what is to be life; and that life, does it consist of breathing, feeding, bleeding, searching for the impossible cure to remain?  The phrases we use to carry our feelings to others will be changed, almost as if what we believe in our hearts as love will no longer be the answer.  The trifle ideas of what we hold dear will find no revelry, no importance, no place among the skies.  And those skies, cast in blue and white and glowing sunshine.  What of the sky, or the moon, or the ground beneath our feet?  The notion that our lives will no longer exist as they are now; in accordance with the future, the time to change our lives, see our lives in a new colour, would be now; for tomorrow is so far away, yet we waste it away in remaining true to the past.  Sitting here, as I do now, I want to breathe in a new belief, that forever is never too far from my life.  

[This message has been edited by Joie de Vivre (edited 09-30-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Joie de Vivre - All Rights Reserved
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
1 posted 2001-09-30 11:44 AM

An interesting vision you have here. Millions of years from now everything will be totally different, but yet it almost seems as if it will be the same too. Just a new view. I like it. Good piece of writing  

"Beat a drum for me, like a butterfly wing
Tropical storm across the ocean" - R.E.M.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2001-09-30 11:56 AM

I enjoyed this piece and would like to read more from you.  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » a temporary void

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary