navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Moonlight Nocturne - Night before the Nightmare
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Moonlight Nocturne - Night before the Nightmare Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kosetsu
since 2001-03-10
Posts 450
Alabama, USA

0 posted 2001-05-24 08:55 PM

The notes of the piano rang out through the hall, hauntingly clear. The moonlight cast the hall in its alabaster glow, scattered rays bursting through the foliage of the hanging plants of the garden.

The shadows seemed to accompany two figures, dancing to the nocturne. Tresses of golden blonde, like the brightest rays of the sun, rolled down the woman's back, her silk gown shimmering in the moonlight as she danced with her male companion.

Whereas she wore a dress of ivory white, he was clad in a black nobleman's tunic and pants, trimmed with gold. A black cloak, lined with crimson silk, adorned his shoulders, and seemed to swirl about the two as they danced. Black hair, streaked with grey, was held in a nobleman's ponytail, a well kept mustache and goatee making up his facial hair.

As the song began to trail off into a finale, the two ended their waltz with the woman spinning into the nobleman's arms. As the last soft notes of the melody echoed off into oblivion, the duo's lips met, the moonlight shimmering off their faces.

"My love, must this moment end?" It was the man who had spoken first, his voice soft, with a tinge of sadness in its tone.

"I wish it did not, my lord," she replied, resting her head on his shoulder with a soft contenting sigh.

"All happy times must end before long, I suppose..." he whispered, though it seemed more of a statement to himself than to her. He softly stroked her golden hair with one hand.

"...must you leave?" she inquired, tilting her head up slightly to look at him.

"I am afraid so. I should be on the front. Sad as it appears, I cannot even trust my own generals to lead the attack in my absence," he said, a soft frown crossing his lips.

"You do not think they would betray you, do you?"

"Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die." - Shakespeare

© Copyright 2001 Adam Kamerer - All Rights Reserved
Kosetsu
since 2001-03-10
Posts 450
Alabama, USA
1 posted 2001-05-24 08:56 PM

"Do not worry yourself with such things, Lydia. Let us just enjoy the moment," he replied, placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"...will I see you again?"

"I assure you, my love, I will return before our son is born."

----------------------------

Just the last little piece of that..

-Kosetsu

"Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die." - Shakespeare

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Moonlight Nocturne - Night before the Nightmare

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary