navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A moment alone
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic A moment alone Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Xeonox
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-04-01
Posts 1764
CA, USA

0 posted 2001-04-18 06:23 PM

As we walk across the campus, we decide to stop at the indoor fast food restaurant. She sits across from me on the table, laying her backpack in front of herself. I heftily placed my backpack beside my chair. I took out what I remember to be a notebook. The signals that I am receiving from her are quite unclear. I feel I am meeting someone who lived in a foreign country, which I would not have minded if the person had actually been new to this country. From this moment on, her mood seemed worried. Rather than focusing on the talk at hand, her mind seems to wander of while I tried to catch-up. She does not seem to be paying enough attention because she would look around, afraid that someone might recognize her and see her with me. Sensing the nervousness and insecurity in the tone of her voice, I pictured myself as the hump back of Notre Dame. She seems to be in a prison and cannot speak for a cloth of guiltiness had strangled her voice. I acted like a psychologist/doctor. I asked her what seemed like infinite questions. How old are you? What classes are you taking? Where do you live? I felt that I was writing a police report.  I wanted to keep probing, while at the same time send the signals that I hope would let her know that I care. From the first time I saw her in orientation, I knew she is the one. Now that the moment is here, I seem to be doing a lot less talking and lot more asking. The first thing I remember is that she loves to sky dive, but hated roller coaster. What a coincidence. I loved roller coasters but was not very fond of sky dive. I promised her that one-day we would go to a theme park. I also told her that I would hold her tight so she feels secured on the rides. She hurriedly agreed to this offer, which I knew is too good to be true. I knew the conversation was going good because her answers now consisted of more than one word. The tone of her conversation sounded desolate. My goddess was turning out to be a mortal who was asking for help without verbalizing the pleading.  Every time I tried looking in her eyes, I could not because she would have surely had me in a spell. Every moment I sit across her, the moment seems to go at the speed of light. I was nervous enough not to say anything stupid, let alone describe how I feel. My mortal love as I like to call it now, was smart too. She was attending upper division classes as I asked her about her campus life. Before I have a chance to get closer to her, her cousin arrives out of nowhere. (part4)

Ronil (Inspiration for my poems is all around me for my muse is my reality.)

[This message has been edited by Xeonox (edited 04-18-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Ronil B Tataria - All Rights Reserved
Phreak
since 2001-04-11
Posts 26

1 posted 2001-04-20 07:18 PM

read it again, this is great.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A moment alone

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary