navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I'm just a crazy cat.
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic I'm just a crazy cat. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Moonlight
since 1999-06-25
Posts 105
Auburn, Alabama USA

0 posted 1999-08-24 05:30 AM

There is a cat that roams the parking lot in my apartment complex.
Its a scraggly looking thing, his head is always cocked to the side, and he just roams
constantly. Meowing and crying non-stop. He acts like he doesn't know what to do next.
Whether to sit or run or walk or let you pet him or just stare at you.

I feel like that cat sometimes.
It's 4am and I don't know what to do. I don't know whether I should sleep or clean my
apartment or stay up all night and try to even out my sleep pattern tomorrow night or
what to do. I feel lost sometimes. Just like that cat.

I was just outside listening to the water run from the drains and hit the pavement ,
watching the clouds run across the sky. Smoking a ciggarette in an attempt to make
me sleepy enough to go to bed. The cat ran from me and he just sat there staring and
meowing. This aweful, lonely meow. Poor little cat. I would feed him or pet him if he'd
come close enough, but he won't - he keeps his distance and stares at me and cries.
Like he's just trying to tell me something - like he's so very lonely. I wonder if meowing
like that makes him feel better.

------------------

www.auburn.edu/~fergum1
~*Only when it is dark enough can you see the stars*~

[This message has been edited by Moonlight (edited 08-24-99).]

© Copyright 1999 Mary Ferguson - All Rights Reserved
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

1 posted 1999-08-24 05:35 AM

I wonder too.

------------------
Shall I indulge in flights of fancy hampered by clipped wings?
DreamEvil©

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

2 posted 1999-08-26 11:56 PM

You know, why not buy some cat biscuits and if the cat's still around, slowly entice him/her with those. Let us be your cat biscuits dear. Meow with us!

[This message has been edited by Severn (edited 08-27-99).]

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2010-11-26 09:08 PM

Reminds me of some of my sisters cat storys...
If I have trouble falling asleep I read or write and soon enough sleep embraces me...James

JDH
since 2009-03-29
Posts 12
Illinois, U.S.
4 posted 2011-01-07 05:59 PM

hmm.. im not sure if i want this to be a true story or pure fiction..im not sure which i would find more impressive.  either way, it's insightful and i like it
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I'm just a crazy cat.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary