navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Help!
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Help! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Barbara Trautman
since 2002-10-23
Posts 90

0 posted 2003-02-12 08:12 PM

I've posted my work in the Passions in Prose and I've tried to post them in the Open Poetry forums only to have complaints that it belongs in Prose, then when I post it in Prose they complain that it belongs in Open Poetry.  Please tell me what my work is so I can get it in the right place.  I'm pretty new here and haven't learned the ropes.  Help.

© Copyright 2003 Barbara Trautman - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2003-02-12 08:27 PM

Looks like you can't win, eh Barbara?...

I'll do some research on your work and get back to you... But from what I've read of yours to date, I don't see any problems with what you've done or where you've posted... Keep writing... I'll be back..

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2003-02-12 08:36 PM

I wondered about your work in Prose because to me, Prose refers to stories. There is such a thing as a Prose poem though...

I certainly didn't mean to hurt your feelings or make you confused.

Barbara Trautman
since 2002-10-23
Posts 90

3 posted 2003-02-12 10:21 PM

Poet deVine:  You didn't hurt my feelings, I just feel stupid because I don't know what category I fall in.  That's because I have no training, I just write what is in my heart and what needs to be expressed.  I just want to find out what I do and where it best fits.  Heck, I don't even know how you post those cute little preliminary statements that you all make.  If I put it one place, it ends up where the title should be, if I put it someplace else, it precedes the material (whatever you call it) should be.  I guess I need a computer course as well as poetry course.  I appreciate your comments, please don't stop because I need help.  Thanks.  Barb

To Nan:  I appreciate your kind comments.  I apologize for my stupidity but I can learn and I will.  Thank you for your time and I will be anxious to hear what you have to say.  Barb

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
4 posted 2003-02-12 11:22 PM

Barbara...as long as you write from your heart, nothing is wrong!!!! And trying is the hardest part of writing.

You also have to bear with us...we tend to be overly helpful sometimes.

And there is ONE word in your post that must never be used again - the word stupid. Neither you nor anyone here is stupid...that's a nasty word!!

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
5 posted 2003-02-13 08:06 AM

Well, Barbara - I see nearly all of your work as poetic... You do, indeed, write from your heart.

I can't find any of your poems where you were nudged to post in prose, but if you choose to do that, it's fine.  Prose is a different sort of forum, which doesn't see as much traffic as Open Poetry does.  If you choose to post there, you'll receive feedback - it just won't be as many or as quickly as you'll see in Open... Of course  our other poetry forums are slower paced as well.

Post where you choose, Barbara... Your work is great to read.  If you have any questions on "how to" do any of the fancy stuff, just ask...

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
6 posted 2003-02-13 04:28 PM

But... but... I wasn't complaining! I only said it read like a free verse to me, but heck, it could be a prose poem... I don't know. I'm most certainly not an expert on poetry and prose, so... sorry, sorry, sorry... I'll never do it again and for what it's worth... I truly enjoyed it - whatever it was .
Barbara Trautman
since 2002-10-23
Posts 90

7 posted 2003-02-13 05:23 PM

To all of you who cared enough to write and especially to Nan who took the time to review my work:  Thank you, each and every one of you.  No one hurt my feelings and after all isn't that why I asked my questions--to be answered however it required.  I'm not sensitive (very much anyway) and when you see my work posted, I really do appreciate critical comment as well as accolades.  It tells me someone was really affected and took the time to think about it.  I still may post some things in the Main Forum but I like the slower pace of some of the others.  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.  I'll keep trying.  Barb (with a smile)
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Help!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary