navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Copyright Name?
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Copyright Name? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Thisman
since 2003-01-21
Posts 19

0 posted 2003-01-25 08:43 AM

I was recently asked for my "copyright name".

Is this just my actual full name?

And is there anyway to protect the poems which I post online from being used by others for profit?

© Copyright 2003 Thisman - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2003-01-25 07:01 PM

Your "copyright" name is whatever you choose to affix to your work.

As for protection - Any of your original work that you post on this site is absolutey YOURS - It's time/dated the moment it's submitted for posting, and as long as that post predates any and all other copies of the work - anywhere on the internet or in hard copy - It's proven to be yours by that submission.  The administration here will back your authorship completely on your personal copyright as long as there is no previous post/print in existance.

Most of us do periodic checks on the net to make sure our work isn't "growing cyberfeet" and finding its way to unauthorized places.  If we should happen to find instances of such misplaced poetry, we handle each incident as we wish - Sometimes we insist upon its removal - Sometimes we insist upon our names being attached.  We definitely always insist that our personal copyrights be honored.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Copyright Name?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary