navwin » Discussion » Q & A » a little help please
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic a little help please Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
dianamac
since 2003-01-05
Posts 1
canada

0 posted 2003-01-05 02:26 PM

I need some help finding a poem my grandmother used to read to my father since he was small and to me later on. I is probably written circa 1950 and is called "For Jimmy and Me" It is about a mother who has lost a child and on christmas eve finds a young orphan on her step who says:
"They say momma's in heaven but I saw her carry her out.....Then the man with the big brass buttons told me to move along and smiled when I told him I hadn't done any thing wrong" She takes him in and refers to the christchild who had no place for his head. The father comes home and goes out for a tree and it is a beautiful christmas...
I would really appreciate some help if anyone has heard of it. It was from a christian ministry and was on a slip of paper. It had,I believe, a female author. This has enormous sentimental value to both my family and I as it was lost not a year ago.
Thank you for any help you my be able to offer.
Diana

© Copyright 2003 dianamac - All Rights Reserved
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

1 posted 2003-01-16 10:09 PM

I haven't been able to locate anything like this, Diana, and I don't recall ever hearing it. I hope you can find it.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » a little help please

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary