navwin » Discussion » Q & A » My Poor Little Puter!
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Poor Little Puter! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California

0 posted 2001-07-24 10:45 AM

Hi,

I have a question? Why is my screen turning rainbow colors all of a sudden? Not that I'm not in to lots of color in my life but not on my screen! Does anyone have the answer to my puters problem?

Love, Cerenity

© Copyright 2001 Ellen Ware - All Rights Reserved
Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
1 posted 2001-07-24 12:34 PM

Cerenity - Make sure you haven't been infected by the same virus that's spreading around... Have you opened any emails with attachments lately?  I sure hope not..
Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
2 posted 2001-07-24 01:16 PM

Hi Liz,

Just from friends I think, but what should I look for in case I have? Where do I go to find out? If you could let me know I would be grateful,

Love, Cerenity

Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
3 posted 2001-07-24 01:40 PM

Hi,

I have not opened any e-mails that Kit described in her post and I deleted ALL of my address book, also my virus scan shows nothing but it is out of date probley so I will try and up date, I did move my little puter the other day to my knew little office and I am hoping it just needs to be pampered alittle   if this does sound like something that has to do with the virus could someone let me know, thank you,

Love, Cerenity

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2001-07-24 04:39 PM

It's unlikely it's a virus. It's much more likely the video card is dying, with an outside chance it's the monitor. An even more likely culprit, if you just moved it, is the connection between card and monitor (where you plug the monitor into the computer). Could be loose. Could be one of the 15 pins was broken or twisted. It's also entirely possible you moved the monitor too close to something generating RF waves, which will cause interference, too.
Alyssa
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-30
Posts 385
IM ENGAGED!!!!!
5 posted 2001-07-24 09:38 PM

go to www.housecall.virusscan.com
u can scan ur compouter and get info on how to delete viruses

"I have no never-again, I have no always"
Pablo Nerudo

Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
6 posted 2001-07-25 02:28 PM

Hey Ron,

Is there a halo under that hat of yours?  
You are so wonderful and did I mention SMART!!! you were right it was RF waves would of never known that would of been it and to think now I don't have to go and buy a NEW MONITOR! (DRAT'S) I guess I'll have to find another reason to go get the latest in puter-ware  
Thank you so much for all of your help,

Love, Cerenity

"God doesn't have to be reminded that we exist.
We have to be reminded that He exist!"

(Writer Unknown)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » My Poor Little Puter!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary