navwin » Discussion » Q & A » poem about Bucephalus - the war horse of Alexander the Great?
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic poem about Bucephalus - the war horse of Alexander the Great? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jacqueline
since 2001-03-18
Posts 1

0 posted 2001-03-18 09:53 AM

Years ago I read a poem about Bucephalus the war horse of Alexander the Great. I have searched for a long time but have been unable to find it again. I have no clues to help except I'm pretty sure it was written by a woman.

Can anyone help me please?

© Copyright 2001 Jacqueline - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2001-03-18 10:50 AM

Welcome, Jacqueline!

Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to be much help. The story of Alexander and his beloved Bucephalus has inspired symphonies (Martin Bresnick's "Bucephalus" circa 1983), fiction (Kafka's "A Country Doctor"), and scores (at least!) of poems.

Here's just one, written by a woman. Who knows? Maybe it'll even be the one you read in years past.  

http://www.book.co.nz/bucko.htm

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » poem about Bucephalus - the war horse of Alexander the Great?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary