navwin » Discussion » Q & A » default icon
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic default icon Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon

0 posted 2001-02-04 10:52 AM

Twice I asked for a default to icon 45.  Neither time did it work.  Every time I post I have to remember to ask for the icon.  I thought the default would make it automatic to each of my posts.  The other defaults do occur.  Can you help me out?
© Copyright 2001 Virginia Salter - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2001-02-04 01:48 PM

Virginia, your Profile shows the correct Icon. If it's not being given to you when you post, then it may be a cookie problem. Does the system enter your username and password for you? Please examine your cookies and see if there is one there for Defaults. Does it have a "45" in it?
Elizabeth Cor
since 2000-10-13
Posts 879
Over the river and through the woods
2 posted 2001-02-04 03:44 PM

Actually, on the opposite end of this spectrum, I don't HAVE a default icon and the little green caterpillar keeps showing up in my posts. Checked my cookies, and my profile… all say “Icon 1”… NO clue what’s happening???
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2001-02-04 03:49 PM

Ron~
Excuse me for jumping in on this one also.
Days ago, I changed my profile to default to Icon #54 and Font - Comic Sans MS ...
it hasn't done it yet automatically.
I figured something just wasn't hooked up yet.

I went to my cookie jar and I do NOT see a cookie for the Icon or the Font.
But I do have some nice chocolate chips !
Did I crumble ? Should I reset ?

Thanks VAS~ for posting your request again.
~*Marge*~

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2001-02-04 04:44 PM

Please go to the Member's Area and then the new Troubleshooting Guide. Look for the link "I think my cookies have crumbled." If you want to read the whole article, great, but the important part is at the bottom of the article. There, you'll find a series of links under Summary that will EXACTLY walk you through the process of reinitializing your cookies. After you've done that, if it still doesn't work, go back to Troubleshooting and send me a Trouble Ticket - which will include information about your cookies. Maybe with some information it provides, I can track down the problem.

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
5 posted 2001-02-04 06:35 PM

WEll, Ron, everything that's supposed to come up in my posts automatically does so, save for the icon.  I tried to check my computers cookies and I couldn't open it.  It may be that I need to do it when I'm not on line.  Also, I have a Power MacG3, so it may not operate the same as a pc.  At any rate, it's something I just may have to live with.  I've survived this long without an icon.  Now, if you had a lighthouse icon, I'd really be in agony if I couldn't get it.  Silly me, I can get the icon on, just not automatically right now.  Thanks for your advise in trying to work through it, though.
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
6 posted 2001-02-04 06:55 PM

Ron~
You eez a good skipper !
Or I am a good ship mate !
Or perhaps congrats are in order for us both !
My cookies are now in munching order !
Thank you for your assistance.
~*Marge*~

Mother_Earth
since 2000-11-20
Posts 1370
1/2 year Texas & 1/2 year Michigan
7 posted 2001-02-05 11:05 PM

Ron, I am laughing sssssooooooo bad I can't see!!!  I didn't know I had any cookies let along crumbled!  I will try to get ahold of myself and go cookie hunting.  Sorry about that. hehehehehehe    ME
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » default icon

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary