navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Posting from Word
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Posting from Word Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA

0 posted 2000-12-17 08:24 PM

Hi there. . .

I've got a question.  When I write a poem in Word and copy and paste it into the "Message" field, and then hit the "Preview" button to see how it looks. . . it never looks the same.

Case in point, my Gallery Poem for SEA tonight.  It looked great when I did it in Word, but when I cut and pasted it into the message field, it made all the spaces wrong.  And then I had to play with it for about 20 minutes to get to look at least something like I had it originally.  

Is there way that I can make my poems from Word translate better into the Message field?  Or am I at the mercy of the software?

Suggestions and answers will be appreciated.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

© Copyright 2000 John Garcia - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2000-12-17 11:29 PM

To a point, Sven, you're at the mercy of the software. What you might want to consider doing is using the "Courier New" font - it is a fixed-width font. The others, Arial, Times, etc., are variable width fonts, where the "I" takes up less space than the "T" for example.

Christopher

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Posting from Word

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary