navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Repost?
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Repost? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jlocke
since 2000-09-10
Posts 169
CC,TX

0 posted 2000-09-29 04:22 PM

I have noticed a number of reposts out there.  I have one poem posted in OP#9 that I would like to post in DP.  How would I go about doing that?

© Copyright 2000 Jeremy Locke Culberth - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2000-09-29 04:56 PM

Hi jlocke,

All you need to do is re-enter it like you were posting it for the first time! There's no "special" way... that I know of - you never can tell with Ron... to do it!

Christopher

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2000-09-29 05:06 PM

Another thing you might want to do is mark is as a "repost"...[I copy it from the previous post usually, BTW]...and sometimes letting folks know which forum you've copied it from is nice, because sometimes, folks like to go back and see what was said the first time 'round...
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
3 posted 2000-10-02 06:10 PM

A repost is typically classified as such because it was posted in a Forum that had been archived. (one that can only recieve replies, and no longer posts)

Once it's been archived, then you can select a poem to place in any forum (fitting of course) for a repost.

But if you're taking a poem from an open running forum and placing it another open running forum, that is considered double posting, or cross posting. That is strongly discouraged, as it uses up bandwidth.

If this is the case, (it's in an open forum), you might want to contact the Moderator of the forum you originally posted it in, and ask them to move it to the forum you'd like it in.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Repost?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary